Ardrossan Academy 1957/58 Class Photo

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Ardrossan Academy 1957/58 Class Photo

Post by Hughie »

When Milda wrote to me and asked if I'd be interested in showing her AA class photo I said to my wife I've gotta see this, never realising AA stood for Ardrossan Academy - thick at times! Yep that's me. Such nice people we have on threetowners and Milda is but one. This has also been added to the School's pages HERE
Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge
Back row L-R: Margaret Boyd, Anne Gilmour, Barbara Dick, Geraldine Ferguson, Kathleen Grandage. 2nd.row L-R: Frank Dorian, Jackie Pearson, John Hackett, Marshall Anderson, Russell Walker, David Kirk, John McCammont, Ian Mcleod, Alec McDonald. 3rd.row L-R: John Lamb, Irwin Davis, Ronald Fisher, Irene Wigton, Jennifer Seggie, Mary Morrison, Robert Hamilton, Malcolm Rankin, John Hughes. Front row L-R: Phyllis Guthrie, Milda Black, Ray Kerr, Christine Wallace, Marilyn Cance, Margaret Kennedy, Moira Davidson, Marilyn Russell, Fiona Angus, Irene Parker.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Ardrossan Academy 1957/58 Class Photo

Post by bobnetau »

Hi, Milda,
I must have been a few classes ahead of you at the Academy.
From your photo I recognise Ray Kerr. Her brother Jack was in my class, good looking fellow.
I knew Ray better after school as she was friends with Agnes McNeillie who worked with me in the Paisley Trustee Savings Bank.
Netta
Milda
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Milda »

Hi Netta, I knew Agnes too,she is a nice person and she was also friends with a girl called Liz Pllu,whom I quite often bump into when I manage to go over to Saltcoats. The girl who is beside me in the photo (Phyllis Guthrie) her dad had a butchers shop in Ardrossan,do you remember it? Well Phyllis and I got in touch through Friends Reunited about two years ago and now keep in touch regularly,which I really enjoy. Regards Milda
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Milda, when we were in Ardrossan last year and walking along South Beach, I mentioned to my sister-in-law that I would like to find the phone no. for Agnes as she lived in South Crescent, loud laugh followed. It turns out Agnes now lives almost across the street from said sister-in-law. So we were able to catch up while I was there. She hasn't changed and we did talk about Ray Kerr who is married to David Gillespie from Saltcoats.
Did Liz Pluu work in a baby shop in Saltcoats, I know the name and think I bought from her for Bobby's neice when she was a baby.
Netta
Milda
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Milda »

Netta I can't remember what Liz did after school.she could have worked in a baby shop ,but I don't know.I thought Agnes had married a Frank Millar and gone to Australia,probably wrong,maybe thinking on somebody else.Not Agnes I remember her very well.Just maybe wrong in what she went on to do . Haven't heard of Ray since school days. Milda
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Agnes and Frank went to South Africa, I think. He is working on the oil rigs now.
Just had a thought that Belle who contributes to 3ts. probably knew Liz Plu.
Netta
Frank Dorian
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by Frank Dorian »

Frank Dorian is now in London.
I had a music shop there for 30 years. Now retired.
Some of you might remember me from when I worked at the Pavilion Bowl.
My brother Trevor and Sister Linda still live in Ardrossan and Stevenson. My brother Douglas lives in Kent. None of them went to the Acadamy.
I wonder if anybody knows my old friend Colin Kelly. He did not go to the Academy but lived in Saltcoats. Do not know if he still lives in the area but would love to contact him.
Anybody know they can get me at
broxhome@gmail.comï
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by gnyaff »

Hello Frank, I remember you from the Pavilion Bowl, I also knew Colin Kelly very well, his father had a Bookies shop in Canal Street. Colin lived in the first block of flats the were built in Quay Street.You might also remember Hugh Davidson who was in Auchenharvie Road Saltcoats and Ronnie Innes from Ardrossan. I will see what I can find for you and send an email to you,

John Bone aka (Wee Boney)
Milda
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Milda »

I remember you well Frank .You were in my primary class and a bit of a rascal if I remember lol.How are you ? I am in N.I. 49 years but I still yearn for Saltcoats x