saltcoats schools

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
isabel p
Settling In
Settling In

Re: saltcoats schools

Post by isabel p »

no your family were there, remember mr -mrs griffen, they were one up, next door to billy mcveys family...mrs griffen was always shouting at us for one thing or another, patsy was a very pretty wee girl
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by calleytwo »

Thanks Isabel.Having a senior moment - I can only vaguely remember. Unusual because I can remember a suprising amount about Saltcoats. Happy memories stick around. Wee Ali
Mutt & Jeff
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Mutt & Jeff »

Hello my name is Senga I have just joined and I am not clued up yet as to how I post photographs but I went on the school trek and Mr Bryson was the head teacher I have a photograph and memories but I don't know how to post the photograph or any of the things everyone is doing
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Senga, You are welcome to send the photo to me as an attachment in an email along with the names you have and the year it was taken. I'm at hugh.mccallum@gmail.com - otherwise look here for information on how you can do it. :wink:
Mutt & Jeff
New Poster
New Poster

The School Treck

Post by Mutt & Jeff »

Does anyone remember this photo?
Senga Bell
Attachments
The School Trek.png
The School Trek.png (48.95 KiB) Viewed 4139 times
Mutt & Jeff
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Saltcoats Public School

Post by Mutt & Jeff »

[quote="Ann Thomson (nee McEwan)"]Did any of you "girls" ever go on the school treks during the summer holidays, with Miss Porter and Miss Ramsay....Mr Brysons' secretary?? It was around 1954 to 1957. It was the same route each year, from Alloway to Ballantrae. We slept in schools on route, and the main attraction was Girvin, where we "met-up" with the Boys Brigade and Scouts who were camped in the nearby fields. It seems to have had a lasting effect on me, as I'm still rambling around the scottish hills.[/quote
]
Hi!!! Senga Bell here at least I was Senga Bell What a great time we all had I remember one night the dinner in one of the schools was the worst fish cakes ever and I put mine behind the radiator and the next day three of us were stragglers and we gadged a lift from a farmer with a horse and cart full of hay
Attachments
don't know where this was taken but I am the one reading the paper and I still wear glasses
don't know where this was taken but I am the one reading the paper and I still wear glasses
The School Trek.png (48.95 KiB) Viewed 4094 times
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Senga, were you sometimes down the Saltcoats monkey walk around 1960? I remember one girl named Senga and she was from Saltcoats, I thought her name was Bell. If it was you we weren't involved :wink: but were in the same company.

Anyway, I did a search in our old e-mail digests archives and came up with this post from 2000 - we'd been discussing the name Senga and Agnes.
greatjd
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by greatjd »

Great to read about the schools in Saltcoats. memories of the sports days at campbell park with the four coloured teams. i always remember Dougie ford as a fast runner, watched the day the school went on fire.