The Girls in my Class (Eglinton/Winton)

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

The Girls in my Class (Eglinton/Winton)

Post by Hughie »

Got a note from a friend who was on a trip back to Ardrossan. He tells me he met one of the girls who was in my class at Eglinton back in the mid-fifties. This got me to thinking about who the girls were in my class.

Don't think there was every any class photo's taken. Here are the girls I recall :
Marion McCrindle, Mary McCrindle, Margaret Ramsay, Isobel Aitken, Jean White, Jean Black, Nancy George, Christine McDougall, Pearl McIvoy, Betty Gibb, Margaret Thomson and Nan Howie. I knew Betty Gibb had died and dear wee Jeannie White died way back in 1963, the year before we left for Australia. I can still remember Jeanie's mischievous smiling face.

Hughie McCallum
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

A class mate of mine now in Canada contacted me not long ago to tell me he'd heard from a local while back home that Pearl McIvoy had died a few years ago. It was such a lovely surprise when a member posted the following in the now defunct Yahoo Group at Irvineites.
I have a message to Hugh McCalllum I have spent a wee while in Lancaster Infirmary this week and got talking to a lady who came from Adrossan but lives in Morecambe spoke about Irviniteis as she has computer but does not know anything about it, there was I trying to give her my we bit of knowledge and spoke about some folk as we had both worked in detonators ICI both worked for SMT and both lived in Morecambe for over 40 years\ but did not know each other however a name that she was interested in was Hugh McCallum as they were both in same class so I have to say hello Hugie from Pearl McIroy from Ardrossan. Her dad was a foreman in ICI when I worked there.
Amazing what a small world this is.