School trips

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
Scott McCallum
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: School trips

Post by Scott McCallum »

From the Dunera cruise in 1962 - the photos come courtesy of Gordon McCallum now in Lichfield.

the first one is Elliott McKenzie having a snooze (hard life this cruising game),the one with three lads is from l to r David Thom, Elliott,and the late Stuart Rolley,and the one with myself (Gordon McCallum) at the end sitting next to Elliott is Lawrence McIntyre and John Thom on the end.

Scott McCallum (any spelling mistakes completely my fault)

harrysteell
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by harrysteell »

Hi Scott do you think Gordon could let me have some copies of the lads on board the ship ? I live in Burton on trent not to far from Lichfield I thought he was living in Rugeley if he is agreeable I could let Eliott McKenzies wife Rae in Ardrossan have them as her children have never seen any of their fathers school photos
email address harryleen@msn.com or mobile number 07444848560 .
kind regards Harry Steel .
harrysteell
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by harrysteell »

I think one of the boys ingroup photo is Laurence McIntire from Eglinton
harrysteell
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by harrysteell »

Yes Laurence I remember it well, We must have been about 14 years old then it was not the biggest
we saw but it was a great day out and then the fishing trawler,
great day.
harrysteell
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by harrysteell »

Hi Scott I printed the cruise ship photos. off and sent the off to Eliotts wife rae. shes over the moon with them as her children had never seen dads photos when he was young ,
He was taken away too soon bless him .
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I wonder if that was the cruise I was on or if mine was later? We went to Sweden, Russia and Denmark. BTW, lads could ye no' hae squeezed oot a smile fur the camera? 8)
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
GordMac
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by GordMac »

This was the first time I had used a camera,and it had lain in a drawer for years soI was lucky even to have taken these.The cruise these were taken on went to Copenhagen,Oslo,Bergen,and Hamburg,and the crossing of the North Sea was dreadful.When I came off that ship I swore I would never board another one in my lifetime,luckily my wife had very persuasive charms and have been on a few since(and with decent cameras).