Formula 1 GP

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
Mac
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Formula 1 GP

Post by Mac »

Just away to watch Alonso take the 2006 FI Championship at the last GP of the season (Brazil) :D
elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by elvis1913 »

Looks like Alonzo came through for you Mac. 8)
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Formula 1 GP

Post by Catherine Belle »

Mac wrote:Just away to watch Alonso take the 2006 FI Championship at the last GP of the season (Brazil) :D
So, does this mean you went to Brazil, Mac?? I've been wondering where you are...I'm sure it's not only me, we're aw missing your posts....an it's yer ain fault for being so entertaining.

Catherine :P
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

F1 Grand Prix coming from Melbourne this weekend. They are talking about having a night time Grand Prix so they can cater for European daytime television - so it could happen from some of the down under circuits in the future - Eccelstone wants it.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Re:

Post by Hughie »

Hughie wrote:F1 Grand Prix coming from Melbourne this weekend. They are talking about having a night time Grand Prix so they can cater for European daytime television
That was last year. It's on in Melbourne this weekend and they've changed the time so it ends in the twilight. Wife is down there baby sitting at our son's place till the weekend. Don't think she realises how noisy it gets down there while they are practicing - Jamie lives just a few hundred yards from the circuit.
Here's a drive around the circuit just a few weeks ago :
[youtube][/youtube]
Mac
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Mac »

Thanks for that Hughie :wink:

I'm looking forward to the F1 season starting on Sunday. I'm hoping the rule changes might give some closer run races this year with the 'middle-order' cars winning a few more races (rather than it being a McLaren/Ferrari procession)

Mind you, I'm still a McLaren fan :lol:

The McLaren car hasn't done too well over winter testing but seems to have improved a bit in last few weeks.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

9am Sunday Morning, Mac. And the weather is perfect as you'll see when you watch the race. To be around 25 degrees Celsius. Start your engines!
Mac
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Mac »

Just 10 mins till they're off and I'm looking forward to it. Hasn't Ross Brawn's team done well! Talk about Lazarus? Let's see if it translates to success in the race.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Today we are celebrating 70 years since Enzo Ferrari founded the Ferrari racing team at Maranello.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Yesterday was 4 years since Michael Schumacher fell while skiing and has since been in a coma. His family are not giving up hope for his recovery.