The Euros

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

The Euros

Post by Meg »

Where will you be watching? Fanzones in Glasgow seem to be a popular choice, but with the climbing covid numbers maybe not the safest.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The Euros

Post by bonzo »

In the hoose Meg, we had tickets for all 3 games and had booked a trip to London but cancelled them all. Really didn't fancy going with only 12.5k at Hampden and 22k at Wembley, also you have an allocated time slot to enter the stadiums which can be 3 hours before kick off. Add to this that you have to pre book any pubs if you want to go for a drink beforehand or after the game, it's just not for me.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

I put the Euro 2020 wall chart up yesterday and will be watching from the armchair. I don't think i could handle attending football match now ... Her highness has already started about the disruptions to the soaps once the tournament starts. She will be moaning like hell if my country of birth beats hers.

Come on Scotland //heart //heart //heart //heart
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:49 pm In the hoose Meg, we had tickets for all 3 games and had booked a trip to London but cancelled them all. Really didn't fancy going with only 12.5k at Hampden and 22k at Wembley, also you have an allocated time slot to enter the stadiums which can be 3 hours before kick off. Add to this that you have to pre book any pubs if you want to go for a drink beforehand or after the game, it's just not for me.
Thought you might have tickets Bonzo - when I worked at hunterston b in the 70s, one of the telephonists mother worked as the tea lady at Falkirk FC. She was our ticket “tout” and got tickets for any match we wanted to go to (my partner in crime was - and still is - Christine Milne, Peter Milne the coal man’s grand daughter) - you must have a much more influential ticket stream than we did :wink: . Watching from your own couch is the safest way to go I think - and you know the toilets are clean //funny
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Why do Scotland play the Czechs next Monday at 14.00 pm ... is it a bank holiday up the road.
Of course just like the rugby - The English get prime time tv.
And some people up the top at the SFA- Should hang heads in shame.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Thought you might have tickets Bonzo - when I worked at hunterston b in the 70s, one of the telephonists mother worked as the tea lady at Falkirk FC. She was our ticket “tout” and got tickets for any match we wanted to go to (my partner in crime was - and still is - Christine Milne, Peter Milne the coal man’s grand daughter) - you must have a much more influential ticket stream than we did :wink: . Watching from your own couch is the safest way to go I think - and you know the toilets are clean //funny
It's all done on a points system through the supporters club now, all very civilised :lol:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Italy 3 0 Turkey

Are Italy the new Brazil ..

majestic
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

15 hours since Italy last let in a goal, some going.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

he has been stabilised . fingers x
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:33 pm he has been stabilised . fingers x
It was terrible Brian, I really hope he pulls through.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

When the camera zoomed in on his face it looked terrible. Makes you think about great job the emergency services provide.Think the game restarts later tonight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Eriksen
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

England 1 Croatia 0

That negative performance from Croatia... suggests to me that they highly fancy the chances of beating the Scots and Czechs.