2018 World Football Cup - discussion

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: 2018 World Football Cup - discussion

Post by bonzo »

What a difference a goal makes, you could see the knives getting sharpened by the assembled punditry and half time last night. A 92nd minute harry kane goal changed everything.
I think that should see England through to the last 16 can't see Panama doing anything against them.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Two 'coupon busters' in Group 'H' today - Japan beating Columbia; and Senegal beating Poland.

Only 'Creamolafoam' has them both in the competition. Well done. I hope you had a double on at the bookie's today!
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

For a British audience, what possessed ITV to have a studio panel comprising Patrice Evra, a Frenchman; Henrik Larsson, a Swede; and Slaven Bilic, a Croatian?

I sometimes struggle with regard to what they're actually saying, and when they're not in agreement, I'm lost! Thank goodness Thierry Henry is elsewhere :lol: .

And what has happened to Henrik? I used to be in awe when I watched him play. He was 'electric'. I also had the pleasure of speaking to him on several occasions and always found him to be animated and enthusiastic about anything 'football'. In his present role he looks and sounds disinterested!

On a brighter note, I was delighted to see Martin O'Neill back in the BBC studio last night. He's good.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Belgium looked impressive today although Tunisia seemed to give up the ghost in the 2nd half. Belgium could have hit double figures.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Penny Tray wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:12 pm And what has happened to Henrik? I used to be in awe when I watched him play. He was 'electric'. I also had the pleasure of speaking to him on several occasions and always found him to be animated and enthusiastic about anything 'football'. In his present role he looks and sounds disinterested!
Scratching my head a bit here PT.
Henrik Larsson was indeed 'electric' as a player and definitely one of the greatest ever to grace the top league here in Scotland.
But off the pitch, in either pre or post-match interview's he always came across as a fairly humble and reserved guy. If Henrik scored a spectacular hat- trick to virtually win an important match on his own - which he did on many an occasion - he'd often play down his contribution and give most of the credit to his team mates. The ultimate definition of a 'Team Player'.

Can I ask, in what circumstances and capacity did you get to speak to him personally on several occasions? :)
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

What a finish to the Germany Sweden game 10 man Germany score a 95th minute winner to stay in the world cup.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Turned the telly on this morning and I think maybe England are playing today //stop
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:21 am Turned the telly on this morning and I think maybe England are playing today //stop
bonzo- Have to keep the windows shut today.A hunner yards from my hoose is a cooncil estate pub .Please let it be silent . //silent
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:46 am
bonzo wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:21 am Turned the telly on this morning and I think maybe England are playing today //stop
bonzo- Have to keep the windows shut today.A hunner yards from my hoose is a cooncil estate pub .Please let it be silent . //silent
Lock them tight Brian maybe earplugs tae, vitriol will be up to 10.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

michaelm wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:54 pm
Can I ask, in what circumstances and capacity did you get to speak to him personally on several occasions? :)
Michael,

I'd rather not in this format, and for good reason. If we met personally, and I attend 3T committee meetings and social events, we could, I think, have a good chat about football on a one to one basis.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Watching the Japan v Senegal game today i think i might have seen some fans drinking beer. Is it only the UK that prohibits football fans drinking during the game.?
And a question for all the well travelled what lager/beer do they drink in Russia.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Brian, personally I've been as far east as the Ukraine if I remember rightly the beer was kharkiv??? cheap and delicious. The tales I could tell of cheap vodka :puter :lol: