Australian Cricket Team

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Australian Cricket Team

Post by glenshena »

Whats the feeling in Australia Hughie regarding the 'taped' cricket balls? I find it hard to beleive this could happen with Australian cricketers.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Australian Cricket Team

Post by bobnetau »

glenshena wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:45 pm Whats the feeling in Australia Hughie regarding the 'taped' cricket balls? I find it hard to beleive this could happen with Australian cricketers.
Disgusting! Our 16 year old grandson said "what on earth were they thinking?"
Cameras everywhere!
One of my daughters in-laws took a group of cricket fans from Australia to South Africa to follow the cricket and he says it was beyond embarrassing .
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Australian Cricket Team

Post by Penny Tray »

I've never played a competitive cricket match in my life; never been to a cricket match; and thought that there was nothing left in the whole sporting environment that could shock me. This episode has stunned me!

Were we not all brought up, when confronted with cheating, to say, "That's no' cricket" - a tribute to the high standards upheld within the sport and the all-round sportsmanship which prevailed?

I have no sympathy for those involved but my heart bleeds for the Australian nation, not one of whom will outlive this scandal! It will be rammed down their throats for ever more! It was crazy!

Incidentally, lots of people are saying they shouldn't have done what they did when so many television cameras were present. THE JUST SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT!

I remain totally stunned!
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

PT I like you am not a cricket man but I find the science of this cheat fascinating.
We've all seen cricketers polishing the ball on their trousers, I had no idea if you have a smooth side and a rough side to the ball the bowler can make the ball swing left or right.
Now obviously the Australian bowler has went the other way by adding glue/sugar to the ball to give it a "sticky" side.
It makes you think why the best team in the world feel they need to gain an advantage from cheating when they have the beating of everyone in them.
As you say just not cricket.
Those wimin were in the nip.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Penny Tray wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:16 pm I've never played a competitive cricket match in my life; never been to a cricket match; and thought that there was nothing left in the whole sporting environment that could shock me. This episode has stunned me!

Were we not all brought up, when confronted with cheating, to say, "That's no' cricket" - a tribute to the high standards upheld within the sport and the all-round sportsmanship which prevailed?

I have no sympathy for those involved but my heart bleeds for the Australian nation, not one of whom will outlive this scandal! It will be rammed down their throats for ever more! It was crazy!

Incidentally, lots of people are saying they shouldn't have done what they did when so many television cameras were present. THE JUST SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT!

I remain totally stunned!
So true, PT. They just should NOT have done it.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

I'm not really a cricket fan. Our adopted country is in shame mode - just like the underarm delivery against NZ back around 1980 by Trevor Chappell it will be long remembered. Unforgivable!
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Cricket has been bent for donkeys.
The English press certainly have a vendetta against the Aussies.
It's called losing the "Ashes"