Scottish Junior Cup Final

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
GEODGC
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Scottish Junior Cup Final

Post by GEODGC »

Well done to Stevenston lad Alan Cairns. Scored the winner today in the Scottish Junior Cup Final. I actually had a discussion on Facebook earlier about players from the 3 towns that have won the Scottish Junior Cup. James Latta with Auchinleck, Greig Henry again with Auchinleck, James Murray with Largs and John 'Jonah' McMillan with Kilbirnie are the only ones I could think of in fairly recent times.
To score the winner though is extra special, just a pity he hadn't scored the first goal as I had him at 33/1 :D Never mind, well done to him, a good lad from a good family. Delighted for him.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Scottish Junior Cup Final

Post by bonzo »

Watched the final this afternoon didn't realise the boy was from Stevenston. I'll need to brush up on my Gaelic :lol:
Those wimin were in the nip.
GEODGC
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Scottish Junior Cup Final

Post by GEODGC »

bonzo wrote:Watched the final this afternoon didn't realise the boy was from Stevenston. I'll need to brush up on my Gaelic :lol:
I had a wee chuckle to myself when I wondered how many of the Auchinleck or New Cumnock natives spoke Gaelic :D. I'm guessing not many, you could probably count them on the 6 fingers of one hand :-P