Nitro Athletics

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Nitro Athletics

Post by Hughie »

Nitro Athletics seems to have sparked a great interest here in Oz - it's certainly entertaining television. I don't know if it's broadcast in the UK, but if it is live, the last day's events should start around 10am Saturday there. More details: http://nitroathletics.com.au/

Coles Nitro Athletics Melbourne is a new team-based competition that combines strength, endurance, power and extreme energy, set to revolutionise track and field.

Headlined by the fastest man in the world, Usain Bolt, Nitro Athletics will see stars of Australian and international athletics compete across three nights of blockbuster entertainment at Melbourne’s Lakeside Stadium in February 2017.

With Melbourne at the heart of the Nitro Athletics phenomenon, a number of international mixed teams will combine collaboration and contest with brute force.

Teams include Australia, Bolt All-Stars, China, Japan, England and New Zealand. Every night of the competition is expected to be as thrilling as the last.

Nitro Athletics focuses on providing the most challenging and engaging fusion of discipline, technique and teamwork by adding a Nitro spark to traditional athletic events. Athletes will be forced to apply tactics and strategy in sprint, distance, field and para-athletic events.

Nitro Athletics competitions will challenge the best athletes from around the globe as well as ignite Melbourne as fans experience the ultimate in entertainment.

Athletics will be revolutionised.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Nitro Athletics

Post by bonzo »

Seen a little bit last week, found the one where they see how far they can run in 2 minutes a little strange.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Think they want to drag athletics into the modern world. They see other sports grabbing the TV dollar and now they want to have a go.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I understand the need to promote athletics. We get a highlights program on TV of the diamond league events and that's pretty much it outside the major events. I just found the race over time instead of distance a bit of an anti climax.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

When I first saw the heading here, I immediately thought it was some kind of ICI Ardeer sports club.
JD.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

I understand how you thought that at first glance, John. Years from now, folks will be wondering why you thought that. :think: :)
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Nitro on a hankie maybe? Or a am I just making that up? //funny
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

John Donnelly wrote:When I first saw the heading here, I immediately thought it was some kind of ICI Ardeer sports club.
JD.
Oh the pictures and thoughts in my head wi' that J.D. lol!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis