The Scottish Premiership

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The Scottish Premiership

Post by bonzo »

Jings how bitter is Chris Sutton helicopter Sunday hus messed up his heid //funny
Those wimin were in the nip.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Mibbe those Arran Blonde's you had last night messed up yours bonzo. :)

He's no' that bad. Here's one of Chris's tweets about the game.

Chris Sutton ✔ @chris_sutton73
.@btsportfootball Great advert for Scottish football! Murty has shown Warbuton up. Well done to Rangers! But it was a penalty on Griffiths⚽️
1:52 PM - 12 Mar 2017
159 159 Retweets 1,226 1,226 likes
Follow

And another tweet to Robbie Savage.

Chris Sutton ✔ @chris_sutton73
With your limited knowledge of Scottish football we saw what happened after last seasons semi.. Don't get sucked in. But they played well.⚽️
2:03 PM - 12 Mar 2017

Nothing much to get het up about there. He might be controversial at times but with Chris at least you get an honest opinion.

Hope you and the Mrs enjoyed your wee break in Arran. :)
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Alright guys what's your opinion of the new Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha. Do you think he will be a success ? i have no idea. Read elsewhere he services back boilers, that dont bother me, before any funny comments ...
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

brian f wrote:Alright guys what's your opinion of the new Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha. Do you think he will be a success ? i have no idea. Read elsewhere he services back boilers, that dont bother me, before any funny comments ...
Haha brian, it's gone from the Bread man with the magic hat .. to the Gas man with the magic flame :lol:

Seriously though, who knows whether this guy 'has it' or not, as every football managerial appointment is a gamble that doesn't automatically guarantee success.
As has already been said many times by far more knowlegable football folk than myself, he'll need considerable financial backing from the boardroom.

And at this moment in time I'm just wondering where that money is going to come from.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Michaelm- The daily record published a photo of Mr King leaving ibrox the day with an empty Holdall it was not that big but every little helps...
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Now seems like billy gilmour is off to Chelsea for £600k. I know he's only 15 but I don't think it'll be a good move for him(hope I'm wrong).I think he could be lost for years in their system.

Much like when Islam feruz left for Chelsea from celtic (although he wanted to go)just disappeared off the radar then turned up at hibs and he'd took a few steps backwards.

I know rangers are skint but this just seems like nurturing players to sell instead of trying to build a team.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Aye, and I think he's a Threetown's lad as well bonzo. Could be wrong but I believe his dad at least hails from Stevenston, though the family now live in Ardrossan.

Reports suggest Rangers are indeed trying to hold on to him, but at the end of the day it'll be the lad himself - no doubt with a lot of influence from his parents as well - who decides what happens next. Lets face it, if he does leave and they get anything even close to the fee you've mentioned there for a 15 year old with 'raw potential', then that would be seen as a very good piece of business for them - although I'm sure many fans would disagree.
I guess only time will tell if this young lad turns out to be the real deal or not, as it's entirely possible to be a 'standout' at 15, but not much better than 'average' at 25.

I get your point about youngsters signing for big clubs then stagnating a bit, as it happens to quite a few of them - though if they're good enough they do eventually make it.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Good posts - bonzo and Michaelm. What about this boy's education ? and London is a different world from Glasgow/Ayrshire- homesickness will play a major part in decision making, considering the age he is.
GEODGC
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by GEODGC »

bonzo wrote:Now seems like billy gilmour is off to Chelsea for £600k. I know he's only 15 but I don't think it'll be a good move for him(hope I'm wrong).I think he could be lost for years in their system.

Much like when Islam feruz left for Chelsea from celtic (although he wanted to go)just disappeared off the radar then turned up at hibs and he'd took a few steps backwards.

I know rangers are skint but this just seems like nurturing players to sell instead of trying to build a team.
I think you are getting things a bit confused here, Rangers want to keep him but he's free to go wherever he wants the mi ute he turns 15. I would love to see him stay, from what I have seen of him he is a superstar in the making, he is also apparently a very level headed and mature lad. Of course many have fallen victim to birds, booze and a bad attitude in the past, most pubs will have a nearly man that 'could have made it'. There are no guarantees that he will fulfill his potential.
As I said, I would love him to stay at Rangers and become a star but it's hard to match what the likes of Chelsea will be offering, one young lad they have on their books is apparently on £7000 per week :shock: they also give the parents a house and a car....it all adds up to a life changing move for him and his family. Who could criticise him for making that move in a sport where you could be injured tomorrow and looking for a new career?
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Geo, I think using the term 'Superstar in the Making' to describe this youngster at the moment is a bit OTT, but as you're a fan maybe you had your blue tinted specs on when you typed that. :wink:
I also feel exactly the same way in regards to the even younger lad who's also showing good potential at Celtic.
bonzo's, brianf's, mine and your own comments here all have merits to them and also similar type of if''s and but's arguments.
The wee bit of confusion for me here is whether the lad would be leaving for nothing more than a development fee if and when he's officially allowed to do so. And if for instance that was this summer, why would Chelsea or any other Club who may be interested in him not just wait until then rather than stump up a 'reported' half a million for him.
Am I missing something here?
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Congratulations- To Celtic for romping this years- SPL. Dont know if Brendan will be at Celtic park next season, what do you think.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Likewise, celtic have been head and shoulders above everyone else. Where do you think Rodgers would go brian? The only top English team that could be looking for a manager soon is arsenal. I think he will stay at celtic to have another crack at the champions league.