The Scottish Premiership

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The Scottish Premiership

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote:Bit of a gubbing for Rangers, their defensive frailties came to the fore. The gulf between the teams was there to be seen. Bragging rights for the sellick boys on Monday.
Could not agree more listened to it on the radio.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Just noticed the next old firm game is on hogmanay, seems like a strange one with the drink that will be undoubtedly involved :smt102
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Correct me if am wrong was the kick-off time changed to lunchtime in these big games to stop supporters drinking to much before the 3.00 start . Pubs now open so much earlier can it still be relevant ?
GEODGC
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by GEODGC »

brian f wrote:Correct me if am wrong was the kick-off time changed to lunchtime in these big games to stop supporters drinking to much before the 3.00 start . Pubs now open so much earlier can it still be relevant ?
You are half right. SKY originally had their TV 'slot' at 1800 on a Sunday night, it was changed to lunchtime after the game where Rangers clinched the league at Celtic Park and the referee was assaulted and various fan invaded the pitch to try and attack him. Since then games have normally been 1200 KO on a Sunday when most pubs open at 1230, some clubs and a few pubs open earlier than that but generally it's 1230.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo- i know it's not the league-but keep your lips sealed regarding the Rangers score the night. I have recorded it on B.T sport. Will watch it tomorrow morning-might fall a sleep again.... :roll:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Haha brian, didn't even watch it was watching the Hamburg game.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Rangers v celtic in the league cup semi. Like A1 buses you don't get one for ages then along comes 4 in no time at all.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Probably like most other members on this thread -We knew Mr Barton was a huge risk for Rangers signing him.
Loathe him or like him his publicity agent is a Genius . His book is now in the shops.........
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

He's never been a favourite of mine but his French accent still makes me laugh. Nearly as funny as Steve mcclarens Dutch accent :lol:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote:He's never been a favourite of mine but his French accent still makes me laugh. Nearly as funny as Steve mcclarens Dutch accent :lol:
Have you or did you ever see Sven-Göran Eriksson's birds :shock: :smt010

Big game this Saturday - Aberdeen v Rangers.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo-Since it's your post I will give you the opportunity to predict the bet cup semi final score on Sunday...
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Thanks Brian :D can't see past a celtic Aberdeen final. Think celtic will win by a couple of goals :( maybe 2-0 or 3-1, and as much as I would like to see morton win (I have a couple of mates who follow them everywhere) it should be a walk over for the dons. What's your thinking?