The Scottish Premiership

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The Scottish Premiership

Post by brian f »

bonzo- Mauricio Pochettino the Spurs guvnor and Ronald Koeman the Everton boss are in the frame for the Barcelona job, maybe Brendan himself ? and Mr Blilic at the Hammers might be getting shot soon as well. I hope this might sink into your Grey matter.

As long as Celtic play against the likes of Partick Thistle on a Saturday what chances do they have against the top Euro teams on a Tuesday / Wednesday night . Get real man..
Last edited by brian f on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Never said they would win the CL it's all about the money they would earn just for being in it.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Scott McCallum
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Scott McCallum »

"The likes of Partick Thistle ????"
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Scott McCallum wrote:"The likes of Partick Thistle ????"
:lol:
Scott, When I read brian's comment I thought we'll probably have a 'Jags' fan on the forum who'll end up reading it.

I doubt if he was deliberately trying to be disrespectful though, think it was more just a wee observation on the shortage of real top quality teams in our league up here. :wink:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

michaelm wrote:
Scott, When I read brian's comment I thought we'll probably have a 'Jags' fan on the forum who'll end up reading it.

I doubt if he was deliberately trying to be disrespectful though, think it was more just a wee observation on the shortage of real top quality teams in our league up here. :wink:
Thanks, michaelm- You saved me the bother. :D :D

A gentleman born in the hotbed of Sectarianism in North Ayrshire moves to the big City and by sheer coincidence supports Partick Thistle.The Threetowners is magic..........
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

brian f wrote:
michaelm wrote:

Thanks, michaelm- You saved me the bother. :D :D

A gentleman born in the hotbed of Sectarianism in North Ayrshire moves to the big City and by sheer coincidence supports Partick Thistle.The Threetowners is magic..........
I always thought that Partick Thistle was also part of the Glasgow sectarian thing.
They were the atheists. //funny

JD.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Can anyone tell me why this brilliant Celtic team should be denied entry to the Epl. Swansea City are not English.

Just saying so Rangers can win the Spl again ........
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

brian f wrote:Just saying so Rangers can win the Spl again ........
They'll need to get past Aberdeen before that Brian ....... :roll:
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

Brian all us blue noses live in hope but the way they are playing at the moment it will be a long time :( :(
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Congratulations and hat's off must go to Celtic Football Club for not only winning the Scottish Premiership with a record total of points - and in doing so without losing a single match - but also in securing the 'Treble' of the Premiership, William Hill Scottish Cup and Betfred League Cup as well. :hi:
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Surprise, surprise, here in Oz we used to get clips of Scottish football in the sports section of the free to air TV news. Was surprised to see this week that they showed a few seconds of the Celtic match - the only reason was to say an Aussie was playing for Celtic. :(
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

The Aussie guy mentioned is Tom Rogic, Hughie.
After initially taking a wee bit of time to settle in and also being hampered by an injury or two, he's gone on to become a very important player for Celtic. He's also an Australian International. :)

Now back to full fitness, he scored a brilliant almost last gasp winning goal in the Scottish cup final at a rain-soaked, jam packed, Hampden Park in Glasgow on Saturday.
Both teams deserve huge credit for serving up an enthralling match that in all honesty could have gone either way.

A short utube clip of Tom Rogic's winning goal - there's definitely nae shortage of passion on show here. :lol: