Post by bonzo »

I'm surprised to see so many empty seats at the ladies beach volleyball :D
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Rio 2016 Olympics

Post by brian f »

Did anybody watch the woman's cycle road race it was absolute brilliant. On the gigantic descent for home a poor Dutch lady was well clear when she went over her handlebars this left an American in the lead who was so brave on her own but got overtook a few hundred yards from the line by 3 riders . The winner was from the Netherlands cant remember her name. Fantastic sport.....
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Brilliant race, the Dutch cycling federation have just tweeted that van vluten is OK it was some crash. The men's race yesterday was the same with both the leaders going down on that decent.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Bonzo-Glad to read she is alright. I wish i had watched the mens race now, i was to busy drinking tins in the back garden . :D
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Hahaha you've got to get your priorities in order, beer usually comes first for me as well. Chris boardman is going nuts about the crash he was complaining yesterday that the hill was to dangerous. I just watched it again it was horrific.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

bonzo wrote:Brilliant race, the Dutch cycling federation have just tweeted that van vluten is OK it was some crash. The men's race yesterday was the same with both the leaders going down on that decent.
If the dcf think severe concussion, three broken bones in back & in intensive care is "ok", then they must be tough muthas :(
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Adam peaty wins team gb's first gold medal of the games,& in a new world record as well. Class
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

creamolafoam wrote:
bonzo wrote:Brilliant race, the Dutch cycling federation have just tweeted that van vluten is OK it was some crash. The men's race yesterday was the same with both the leaders going down on that decent.
If the dcf think severe concussion, three broken bones in back & in intensive care is "ok", then they must be tough muthas :(
Annemiek van Vleuten suffered three fractured vertebrae and a concussion after a horrifying high-speed crash in the Olympic women's road race on Sunday but the Dutch rider said she will be fine and was more disappointed at missing out on a medal.

For the benefit of those who did not see the crash... ouch

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mp08WGXEGa4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

During the race yesterday the commentators were talking about a girl in the race who had lost a kidney earlier this year in a crash :shock:. Hardcore right enough.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

I saw Van Vleuten's crash live and nearly jumped through my television to help her. I haven't watched any replays yet. I feared the worst when she just lay there. Scary stuff.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Team gb starting to climb the medal table with another couple of golds in kayaking & diving.
BBC coverage has been excellent, but I read somewhere that they have over four hundred staff in Rio. Ridiculous if you ask me.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Not if your one of the 400 :lol: