Threetowners cycling thread

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Threetowners cycling thread

Post by bonzo »

Got out for a wee while this morning. Along dubbs rd onto Stevenston, doon the bottom end and along the coast to Ardrossan. Back along the high rd and onto the dubbs rd to Irvine. Pottered around Irvine to get me to 20 miles and hame.
Those wimin were in the nip.
margb
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by margb »

Been thinking of Vivc lately. Havent seen her on the forum for a wee while. Trust she is okay.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Think she might have gone in the huff.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Hugh do you have to register and insure E bikes here in Aus.?
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

No restrictions, Netta. They are treated the same as push bikes in Australia but you have to wear a helmet in most or even all states.
I’ll see if I can post more details over the week-end.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hughie wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:05 pm Let's talk e-bikes
For older folks like me who have spent many many years cycling and enjoying the exhilarating experience, e-bikes seem to be the way ahead. It's not a matter of just sitting on the bike and pressing a button and away you go - you can add a bit of effort if you want to.
So, I'm back in the saddle! Got an eBike for my Christmas / birthday. It's a fold-up with 20 inch wheels (easier for putting in the car's boot) and I'm enjoying it. Pedal assist is the term used, no great effort is required - just move the legs and you progress with the aid of the power from the battery through the electric motor.

I've no interest in cycling on the roads now - it's just too dangerous. We have plenty of nearby cycle trails to keep me happy. This is the bike I have.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Hughie wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:13 am
So, I'm back in the saddle! Got an eBike for my Christmas / birthday. It's a fold-up with 20 inch wheels (easier for putting in the car's boot) and I'm enjoying it. Pedal assist is the term used, no great effort is required - just move the legs and you progress with the aid of the power from the battery through the electric motor.

I've no interest in cycling on the roads now - it's just too dangerous. We have plenty of nearby cycle trails to keep me happy. This is the bike I have.
Looks the business Hughie. Must admit I’ve been thinking about going down that road so to speak - our bikes are in the garage for the winter so will decide in the spring. Will you keep cycling during your winter?
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Meg wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:17 am Will you keep cycling during your winter?
Yes, that's no problem here unless it's raining or strong winds - no frost or snow to worry about. :)
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Hughie wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:07 am
Meg wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:17 am Will you keep cycling during your winter?
Yes, that's no problem here unless it's raining or strong winds - no frost or snow to worry about. :)
Had a wee flurry of snow in Ayr today :-(
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Finally got a bit of time and got out for a few hours this morning. Pointed myself in the direction of shewalton then through the woods behind the paper mill. Back along the gailes rd and around the beach park.
Cycle path through Irvine moor to ravenspark and on into kilwinning. Then the dubbs rd to Stevenston through the quarry along George st into the prom and followed the coast to Ardrossan.
Back into the main road at the far end of Ardrossan and headed back towards saltcoats Argyll rd and back to the cycle path. Popped in to see my faither when I got back to Stevenston then back to the quarry, dubbs rd, ravenspark and hame. 30 miles today.
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

I’ve been out a few times since the new year. Only 1 trip in January, but in feb I’ve managed 3.

First was a run down towards Symington then Ayr. Train back.

Second was a little more adventurous. Saltcoats to Kilwinning, then on through Benslie and Torranyard to Stewarton. Kept going in that direction until I hit the M77, then followed the cycle path until I reached the Eaglesham Moor road.

Up the moor road to the wind farm, coffee and bacon roll.

Kept going on, down the hill into Eaglesham, then into Glasgow. Through Clarkston, past Hampden, ending up at Glasgow Green. Along the Clyde walkway to Central Station, then Train back to Kilwinning.

And yesterday’s trip was along to Largs, then followed the coast road to Skelmorlie. Cut inland, and followed the farm roads past Routenburn golf course back to largs, then back home.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

A wee trip to Prestwick this morning. Cycle path all the way from Ravenspark to Prestwick and back pretty much the same way. Lovely morning if a little breezy in places. 30 miles in total.