The English Premier league

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

The English Premier league

Post by brian f »

OK - I know it's not Scotland, however am sure we all have our favourite.This year i think it could be difficult to predict with the likes of last years winners Chelsea struggling and some shock results recently including Man City getting thrashed 1-4 by Liverpool yesterday. Is anyone brave enough to name the finishing top Three.

My selections

1 Manchester City
2 Tottenham Hotspur
3 Liverpool
GEODGC
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: The English Premier league

Post by GEODGC »

I can't see anyone other than Man City winning it this year. They have the strongest squad overall in my opinion.
My picks would be.....

1 Man City
2 Man Utd
3 Arsenal

As I said, I think Man City are the strongest in terms of squad size and quality. 2nd 3rd and 4th are very much up for grabs though and I think Liverpool will be in that mix as well. It's interesting to see you have taken Spurs to finish second, do you have a soft spot for them?
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

GEODGC wrote:

It's interesting to see you have taken Spurs to finish second, do you have a soft spot for them?
Not really GEODGC, Just think they are a fast improving team...
It's interesting to note you have picked out the first three in the betting to win the league. :wink:

Chelsea are 40/1 any chance the comeback could be on !
GEODGC
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by GEODGC »

brian f wrote:
GEODGC wrote:

It's interesting to see you have taken Spurs to finish second, do you have a soft spot for them?
Not really GEODGC, Just think they are a fast improving team...
It's interesting to note you have picked out the first three in the betting to win the league. :wink:

Chelsea are 40/1 any chance the comeback could be on !
No chance of Chelsea winning it now. I actually have them in an ante post bet in which all the rest are there or thereabouts, I thought they would win it before a ball was kicked but they have blown it big style.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

I'm going for -

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Arsenal

And if you want a fourth, I'll go for Liverpool.

Having said this, I'm rooting this year for Arsenal. They're due a turn.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

This weekends fixtures include - :o League leaders Leicester City v Man U
Spurs v Chelsea, Arsenal v Norwich and Man City v Southampton.

So come on Leicester City and dent- GEODGC and Penny Trays predictions about Man U making the top Three .. :) .
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Another few shocks the day with both the Manchester teams dropping points,the bookies must be raking it in.
I want Liverpool to get 3 points Sunday at fat Mikes place :wink:
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Not really fussed who wins it to be honest, but being a fan of 'Underdogs' myself, the longer unfancied Leicester can stay up there challenging the more it'll hold my interest.
Mind you, I've probably just jinxed them by saying that. :roll:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

I would love to see Leicester City win the title as well Michaelm- the problem would be though if Riyad Mahrez &Jamie Vardy got injured or sold in the January transfer window do City have quality in the squad to replace them.By the way what i have seen on the box the Algerian Mahrez is the best player i have seen this season-he reminds me of Johnston/ Henderson not afraid to take on anyone. Another thing i will mention is the constant abuse Louis van Gaal the Man United manager gets in the press down South you would think they was bottom of the league not that i like them... :wink:
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Should be a good game tomorrow night between Leicester and Chelsea, as both teams have something positive to aim for.
Leicester will go back to the top if they win, but Chelsea could also pull themselves a wee bit further away from the danger zone if they take all the points.
:santa03:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

michaelm wrote:Should be a good game tomorrow night between Leicester and Chelsea, as both teams have something positive to aim for.
Leicester will go back to the top if they win, but Chelsea could also pull themselves a wee bit further away from the danger zone if they take all the points.
:santa03:
Another week of shocks. Man U, Spurs and Liverpool dropping points against so called poorer teams. :shock:

Ps -Hoping for a City victory tomorrow. :)
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Holy Mackerel- Leicester have won again 2-1 against current champions Chelsea tonight. :)