1). Arsenal
2). Man City
3). Man Utd
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The English Premier league

Post by John Donnelly »

Is he actually going to go after the Southampton defeat???

JD.
GEODGC
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by GEODGC »

What a fantastic result today for Leicester, there's no doubt they are serious contenders now. I can't believe I've just typed that :o . At the start of the season If you had suggested Leicester would be 5 points clear at the top in February, you would have been written of as a crank. What a magnificent story it would be if they could win it.
Just had a quick look online and the bookies now have them as favourites to lift the title.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

At the beginning of the season, Garry Linneker said he would present Match of the Day in his knickers if Leicester won the league. He's starting to look awful uncomfortable the last wee while.

JD.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

GEODGC wrote:What a fantastic result today for Leicester, there's no doubt they are serious contenders now. I can't believe I've just typed that :o . At the start of the season If you had suggested Leicester would be 5 points clear at the top in February, you would have been written of as a crank. What a magnificent story it would be if they could win it.
Just had a quick look online and the bookies now have them as favourites to lift the title.
GEODGC" While the guvnors will not condone betting on here(apologies) get on large on Spurs@ 5/2 to win the league. After they beat so called favourites 13/8 Arsenal :roll: at home on Saturday 5/3 could well be odds on :wink:
GEODGC
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by GEODGC »

brian f wrote:
GEODGC wrote:What a fantastic result today for Leicester, there's no doubt they are serious contenders now. I can't believe I've just typed that :o . At the start of the season If you had suggested Leicester would be 5 points clear at the top in February, you would have been written of as a crank. What a magnificent story it would be if they could win it.
GEODGC" While the guvnors will not condone betting on here(apologies) get on large on Spurs@ 5/2 to win the league. After they beat so called favourites 13/8 Arsenal :roll: at home on Saturday 5/3 could well be odds on :wink:
Spurs have just slowly went about their business and are right in the running now. Nobody has really been talking about them. Having said that, I don't think I would wager a bet on any of them with any great certainty. It makes for a great end to the season though.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

So here we are approaching Easter and Leicester City are currently 5 points clear of Spurs in 2 place.
No doubt most of us are hoping they continue the winning streak and romp home...
In the press in England various reports the last week are claiming some lucky punters backed Leicester to win the league at long odds of 5000/1 indeed one punter CASHED IN his £50 bet to win £72,000.
What did they know that we did not ? :roll:
GEODGC
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by GEODGC »

brian f wrote:So here we are approaching Easter and Leicester City are currently 5 points clear of Spurs in 2 place.
No doubt most of us are hoping they continue the winning streak and romp home...
In the press in England various reports the last week are claiming some lucky punters backed Leicester to win the league at long odds of 5000/1 indeed one punter CASHED IN his £50 bet to win £72,000.
What did they know that we did not ? :roll:
I read the story about the guy cashing out, he has potentially lost out on a fair bit of money when you look at it at face value. He could have covered his bets(if he had the funds) or could have won a tidy sum. The lad explained though that the bet had taken over his life and that he couldn't enjoy watching his team anymore because of it. Sounds fair enough when he put it like that.
It would be great if they could hold on and win it and they have the advantage of only having one trophy to concentrate on, the other contenders have other competitions to distract them. I reckon Leicester winning the EPL would be up there with the biggest sporting upsets of all time. Anybody can win a cup game or a few games to win a trophy, but to do it over the course of a season, battling teams with resources way beyond what they have would be incredible.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Really hope Leicester dae it a team that wiznae bought tae win the league. A team that jist believe in themselves and their manager.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

The league resumes again this weekend. i will focus on the top 2 - Spurs who face a rejuvenated Liverpool
on Saturday- Leicester who play Southampton on Sunday who will be no pushovers.

Is it a coincidence that the three goals that England scored against Germany to win 2-3 the other day happened to be "YOUNG" players from LEICESTER AND SPURS .
As an exile living down here in Ungland=The signs are not good :cry:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote:The league resumes again this weekend. i will focus on the top 2 - Spurs who face a rejuvenated Liverpool
on Saturday- Leicester who play Southampton on Sunday who will be no pushovers.

Is it a coincidence that the three goals that England scored against Germany to win 2-3 the other day happened to be "YOUNG" players from LEICESTER AND SPURS .
As an exile living down here in Ungland=The signs are not good :cry:
It pains me to say it but England have a really good young team think the average age against Germany was 24. Not looking forward to going to Wembley in November :D
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Leicester win again surely the league is theirs now 10 points clear with 5 games to go.