Re: Andy Murray

Post by exile »

A tribute song here, penned and sung by an ex-Ardrossan man
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Eurosport2 ,3.00 this afternoon ,Andy Murray final.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

sweet caroline wrote:Eurosport2 ,3.00 this afternoon ,Andy Murray final.

SC
Rollercoaster again Ellen!!!!
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Hope this isn't the way ahead for the year to come :cry:
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Oh well - Oz here we come!!!!!
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

In the last 3 or 4 games there I thought Andy tired a wee bit and made too many unforced errors.

Novak to his credit capitalised on that, but I must admit to no' being much of a fan of him as when the going gets tough he'll often blatantly feign injury on court one minute then suddenly start running about like a whippet attempting to hit wonder shots the next.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

michaelm wrote:In the last 3 or 4 games there I thought Andy tired a wee bit and made too many unforced errors.

Novak to his credit capitalised on that, but I must admit to no' being much of a fan of him as when the going gets tough he'll often blatantly feign injury on court one minute then suddenly start running about like a whippet attempting to hit wonder shots the next.
Michael do you remember Andy in his younger years? The first sign of defeat he was down like a sack of tatties they're all at it.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

bonzo wrote:Michael do you remember Andy in his younger years? The first sign of defeat he was down like a sack of tatties they're all at it.
Struggling to figure out how you can compare a teenage Andy Murray to Djokovic these days bonzo.

Whenever Andy looked to have an on court injury - even in his younger years - he invariably played poorly afterwards and usually ended up losing the match.
Contrast that with Novak who could win an Oscar even nowadays for his on court play acting.

Not sour grapes here, but I've never been a big fan of Djokovic because of stuff like that - and I clocked him at it again today.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

I wouldny worry about today's score .Warming up...
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

michaelm wrote:
bonzo wrote:Michael do you remember Andy in his younger years? The first sign of defeat he was down like a sack of tatties they're all at it.
Struggling to figure out how you can compare a teenage Andy Murray to Djokovic these days bonzo.

Whenever Andy looked to have an on court injury - even in his younger years - he invariably played poorly afterwards and usually ended up losing the match.
Contrast that with Novak who could win an Oscar even nowadays for his on court play acting.

Not sour grapes here, but I've never been a big fan of Djokovic because of stuff like that - and I clocked him at it again today.
My point was he was playing badly before the "injury" it maybe he was hurt but it is all in the phycology of the game your tying to put your opponent off and gain the upper hand.

We all watch football and put up with the superstars of the game rolling about as if they had been shot when they haven't been touched is that any different?
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

bonzo wrote:We all watch football and put up with the superstars of the game rolling about as if they had been shot when they haven't been touched is that any different?
I think it's only different Ian in the sense that it's far worse. There's been a definite shift of opinion re "simulation" in recent years though.
As I'm sure you'll know, the football authorities here take a much dimmer view of it now and employ Compliance Officers, who's remit among other things is to review video and tv footage of any alleged wrongdoing, come to a decision then if need be issue a punishment, usually in the form of banning a player from playing for a specific amount of matches.

Getting back to the tennis, yes many players will play act a bit at times in an attempt to get the crowd on their side.
It's annoying when Djokovic does it against Andy, but maybe that should now be seen more as a testament to Murray's ability - that he's got Novak rattled.