Re: Andy Murray

Post by brian f »

Thanks bonzo,hopping.....
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Everything crossed for a good win for Andy. Ding ding - all aboard the roller coaster...
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Hope it's on the TV. Been searching all week.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

sweet caroline wrote:Hope it's on the TV. Been searching all week.

SC
Hi SC it's on sky sports 1 :good:
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

I see Andy won easily the night :) Who does he play next..?
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Andy beats Berdych and with Djokovic losing against Cilic he is so close now to be the NUMBER 1 ranked tennis player in the WORLD.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Beat me to it Brian, that's brilliant 2 more wins and Andy is number 1
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Not sure if entirely accurate but according to a report in today's Daily Record bonzo, Andy will become the new World No.1 if he wins his semi-final today.

Edit: According to online reports, Milos Raonic has withdrawn from his semi-final match against Andy which was scheduled for today due to an injury and Andy is now the official No.1 ranked player in the World. :)

Of course it's only a statistic, but it's one I'm sure every Pro Tennis player in the World would be over the moon to have attained.
Andy now plays American John Isner in tomorrow's BNP Paribas Master's final in Paris.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

What an achievement both brothers number 1 in the world. two guys from a wee town in Scotland, who at the end of the day are lucky to be on the planet due to the atrocities of that nutter Hamilton. Aye Michael the information I had, needed djorkovic to get further in the tournament.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Has anyone else noticed that the ATP haven't banned Andy from wearing a poppy during his matches? Pity FIFA don't have the same understanding!!!
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Meg wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the ATP haven't banned Andy from wearing a poppy during his matches? Pity FIFA don't have the same understanding!!!
I hadn't noticed that myself until you pointed it out Meg, as I don't generally go looking for stuff like that to be offended by.
My own personal belief though is that sporting bodies throughout the world should be free to make up their own minds about certain things that after all have nowt whatsoever to do with sport.

And can't we just get back to talking about our new No.1 in the world tennis player. :)
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

michaelm wrote:
Meg wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the ATP haven't banned Andy from wearing a poppy during his matches? Pity FIFA don't have the same understanding!!!
My own personal belief though is that sporting bodies throughout the world should be free to make up their own minds about certain things that after all have nowt whatsoever to do with sport
Michael, I am of an age where I still feel I owe my life and lifestyle to those who's sacrifice was greatest in that awful conflict. I, like Andy, wear my poppy with great pride - it is not a political statement or a commercial venture but a token of how grateful I am to be able to show how I feel. Andy has already stated his opinion and is proud to wear his poppy - and I think the corrupt body of FIFA need to recognise the difference between political and humanitarian expression.

Meg