Scotland Football Team.

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Scotland Football Team.

Post by bonzo »

But we've had 4 clean sheets in the last 5 qualifiers.
Those wimin were in the nip.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Right enough Bonzo. We're doing not bad.
Here's hoping the wheels won't fall off. (I'm tempted to write 'again'. :( )
Mon Scotland.
If Scotland get through, it will put Holland in a worse position. We're not happy bunnies here.
JD.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Belgium beat Bosnia 4-3 we now can't be the worst 2nd place team as long as we win tomorrow evening.

Confused? My heid is burstin :lol:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Thanks. Scotland - doon and oot as we all know but came back with pride.

Maybe next time.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

No shame this time. The team did us proud.
Not like Holland. We needed 8 goals to get past Sweden.
What did they do? Just what they have been doing for years. They farted and fannied about in their own half, back-passing and playing square to each other in their insane possession football.
I switched over after half time, it was so frustrating to watch.
They are now right down the FIFA rankings. And deservedly so.
JD. :cry: :cry: :cry:
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

creamolafoam wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:42 pm Great win for Scotland & fully deserved. Sets the Slovenia match up nicely & with momentum with us, I can't see us failing to get a qualifying spot.
I must admit I was blindsighted by recent results, but it proved to be a false dawn yet again. Frustrating. Players had it in their hands at ht but the 2nd half was as poor as a performance these group of players have put in. But the bad start to the campaign ultimately cost us & we have to wait another 4yrs for another go.
Strachan, as I've said before, was the right man for the job, but after failure to qualify for euros, he shouldn't have been given the responsibility to attempt to take us to russia, but the sfa went with him again & he failed us...again.
Himself & McGhee should be ( if regan has any backbone) released from their positions asap, or do the honourable thing & stand down. Strachans ramblings post match about scotland's genetic make up was, not for the first time by him, embarrassing. Time to go
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Don't think it was last night's result that did for us (any other time a draw away from home would be a good result). It was the draw with Lithuania at hampden. If that had been a more positive result 2-2 yesterday would have been fine.

Strachan's ramblings just don't help him, he seems to think the media and general public no nothing about football. We've had a reasonable year unbeaten with 4 wins and 3 draws.

Is it time to change? Probably, who would want it moyes, mcinnes, Tommy Wright or god forbid malky mackay? Suppose we'll find out soon enough.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

After a disappointing start in the group and then recovering well, we were only one goal away from getting the away win that would have guaranteed us a play off spot at least.

It's glorious failure once again, as has been the case for us on a few other occasions. But even though Strachan has probably reached his sell by date, there's no magic wand to be waved that will gaurantee us qualification 'next time'.

bonzo wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:05 pm Don't think it was last night's result that did for us (any other time a draw away from home would be a good result). It was the draw with Lithuania at hampden. If that had been a more positive result 2-2 yesterday would have been fine.
Yip, it was the slowish start to the campaign that cost us bonzo.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Strachan & McGhee sacked
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Big eck has already stuck his head above the parapets saying if your country calls it's hard to say no. Although he was arguably our most successful manager with 7 wins in 10 games, he was quick to disappear to Birmingham when they came calling.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

That ugly wee batsard Strachan was growing on me think it's called realism. I just dont think we are going to get anything decent to replace him.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Not sure if "sacked" is the right word to use in the circumstances here. I believe their contracts were due to end sometime next month anyway and - given that we didn't qualify - it was reasonable to assume they weren't going to be offered new deals.
I'd imagine that both the S.F.A. and the management team thought the best way forward was to announce their departure now.

Wonder who'll be up next. :?: