Scotland Football Team.

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: Scotland Football Team.

Post by creamolafoam »

Scotland under 21s knocked out at the semi final stage tonight in the Toulon tournament , losing to the auld enemy 3-1. But the lad that seems to be catching the eye over the last few months is young billy gilmour from stevenston , who is currently with the Chelsea academy. A lad destined for great things methinks.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Well done to the ladies national team qualifying for the world cup in France next year.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Great news . Something to look forward to next year. :D
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Friendly, Hampden Park, 7/09/18: ft Scotland 0-4 Belgium. Scotland national team regressing at a fair rate of knots, & fans voting with their feet. Stadium half empty. Hampden itself is really a poor stadium, devoid of atmosphere, and pretty shambolic compared to many countries in Europe.
This needs a clear out from the top, dinosaurs one and all, inc the manager. Also the players themselves, who are clearly not good enough to wear the jersey.
We have one player in the team, Andy Robertson, who is playing for a top club in one of the best leagues in the world, and that’s it. The rest are nowhere. But I wouldn’t hold my breath at a shake in the sfa any day soon.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Dismissal last night, we were the masters of our own downfall.
First goal a bad decision by Gordon to roll the ball out to mcginn who dithered on the ball about 20 yards out and got his pockets picked.
Second goal hazard hits the ball straight through Gordon.
Third a poor pass from mulgrew lets the belgians in again.
Forth Ryan jacks turn to dither on the ball and get robbed.
Shortly after that I left couldn't take anymore.
Demoralising night big changes need to be made for Monday.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

The SFA are to stick with Hampden and buy it outright from Queens Park who in turn look like moving to lesser Hampden.
Lots of talk in the meeting about using the footprint of Vfb Stuttgarts Mercedes benz stadium which before it's renovation looked a lot like Hampden. They did away with the running track and brought the stands closer to the goals.
We'll see what happens.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

I read Queens Park got 5 million for Hampden. You can't buy a house for that in some parts of London.
Scotland football fans deserve better.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

bonzo wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:08 pm The SFA are to stick with Hampden and buy it outright from Queens Park who in turn look like moving to lesser Hampden.
brian f wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:00 pm I read Queens Park got 5 million for Hampden.
I see two Scot's business tycoons and philanthropists, Sir Tom Hunter and Lord Willie Haughey, have initially gifted £1.25 million each towards the £5 million deal to buy Hampden Park from Queens Park F.C. Both say they want nothing in return for their donation's other than to see Hampden kept as our National Stadium.

Incidentally .. Sir Tom started off his business empire by selling sports training shoes (trainers) from out the back of a van and he's also the long time husband of a wee lassie who grew up in Hamilton Crescent in the Hayocks area of Stevenston.
Not a lot of people know that. :puter
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Scotland 1 Portugal 3.
I Listened to this game on BBC Radio - Yesterday i was flabbergasted when the commentator said it cost £35 to get in to watch this game.What for a friendly. :roll:
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

I'd have been more flabbergasted on the way out if I'd paid £35!

But please tell the commentator got the price wrong!
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I'm afraid not, a ticket for the north or south stands was £35 but if you bought tickets for the 4 games Belgium, Albania, Portugal and Israel it works out at £25 a ticket.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Albania 0-4 Scotland :shock: :shock: :shock:

Scotland now have to beat Israel on Tuesday night to qualify for the Nation League finals, whatever that is. :roll: