Scotland Football Team.

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Scotland Football Team.

Post by michaelm »

Brian ... In your previous posts in this topic you don't seem to have shown much support for Scotland. That's where I'm coming from here.

Edit. Afraid I got a wee bit carried away with the result last night, sorry brian :roll:
Last edited by michaelm on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

meekan wrote:
brian f wrote:
Then a very tough game against Gibraltar-
I believe the Gibraltar manager is a threetowner or at least played with Ardeer Thistle at one time.
Heard the Tv commentator call him "The Jock of Gibraltar"
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

He's David Wilson who may have been born in Kilwinning (possibly Buckreddan) and he played for Pennyburn Boys Club, Ardeer Thistle and Kilwinning Rangers. Other reports say he was born in Glasgow prior to his family moving to Pennyburn.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

All in all, and after a shaky start, a good performance from Scotland last night. There was a wee bit of doubt about the first penalty award, but after their unexpected equaliser I thought our team did more than enough to win as comfortably as they did.
We're only one point behind the group leaders Poland and are on equal points with world champions Germany, so with 5 more matches remaining, the 'business' end of this campaign starts now. I also think Gordon Strachan must be due a lot of credit for the way he's transformed things for us since becoming head coach.

Next match (I think) is away to the Rep. of Ireland and won't be an easy game by any means. They're a very decent side and are probably on much the same level as ourselves at the moment. If we can take anything at all from that game, I'll be over the moon.
As the old adage goes though ...... One game at a time.

PT. There've been so many differing reports in the media about Davie Wilsons birthplace and his playing career, that I now think he could have been born anywhere between John o' Groats and Hadrians Wall!
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

Not sure if everyone will agree with me but i think wee Gordon Strachan has put pride back into Scottish football
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

I agree Jimmym .. I think wee Gordon's doing a great job so far. It's good to see some more positivity towards our national football team in this topic, it's much better than spending time discussing the birthplace and playing career of the current Gibraltar coach. :)
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

I like the style of football he plays and got to say he has brought in some good young players the future looks bright for Scotland shame we can't say the same with the state of the Scottish league need more team to be challenging for the title to make it more attractive and need to get more young Scottish talent is to our teams so our national team has more young players there when needed , have to get it right at grass roots

bestwishes Jimmy
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

meekan wrote:Scotland 1 Ireland nil Phew
The return game- European Championship Qualifying - Group D
R. of Ireland v Scotland Sat 13 Jun 17:00.

Maybe we can beat them again ?
I watched them (ROI) on the tv today playing England,first time i ever wanted England to win- to dent the Irish confidence,it was an awful game 0-0 worse than watching Rangers :roll:
Who wants to predict....
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

I think this will be a very difficult game.. Being optimistic though, I predict a narrow 2 - 1 victory for us.

Cannae wait for it, C'mon Scotland! :)
margb
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by margb »

As the women's world soccer games have started in Canada this week, wondered if there is a Scottish team taking part and what group?
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

I dont think so I think Sweden ended our girls hopes of qualifying.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

I dont think so I think Sweden ended our girls hopes of qualifying.