Hotel Rwanda & The Aviator

Discuss the books you've read, the movies and TV shows you've seen
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Hotel Rwanda & The Aviator

Post by Hughie »

Went to see the movie 'Hotel Rwanda'. It's about a hotel manager in Rwanda who helps save the lives of over a thousand Tutsis refugees during their struggle with the Hutus. One million Tutsis were murdered during a three month period in 1994 while the world ignored the situation there - probably would have been different had there been oil there. Don Cheadle played the role of Paul the hotel manager brilliantly. Well worth seeing.

Also recently saw "The Aviator" about the life of Howard Hughes. The Australian actress Cate Blanchett playing the part of Catherine Hepburn certainly earned her oscar. Enjoyed this too. .. Hughie in Oz
joromomi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by joromomi »

I just seen Hotel Rwanda too, it was very good.
I am kind of glad we didn"t get to see all the gory stuff.
Don Cheadle was excellent in the Movie. :)
I am looking forward to seeing ...Kingdom of Heaven, with
Orlando Bloom..........Joyce.
knxyl
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by knxyl »

Don't visit cinemas nowadays but enjoy videos or DVD's. Favourites are "Local Hero" (love the sound track), "Gregory's Girl', anything by Bill Forsyth! Recently watched "Dear Frankie" and "Restless Natives".

There's a pattern there---they are all Scottish, maybe I'm biased. Forgive me!!! Margaret
joromomi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by joromomi »

Hi folks, we watched a movie a couple of months back called Ae fond kiss, or A fond kiss. It is certainly worth a watch, it's all done in the Scottish accent and all about Pakistanis.
Has anyone else seen it? Joyce :)
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Catherine Belle »

joromomi wrote:Hi folks, we watched a movie a couple of months back called Ae fond kiss, or A fond kiss. It is certainly worth a watch, it's all done in the Scottish accent and all about Pakistanis.
Has anyone else seen it? Joyce :)
Hi Joyce :D
I vaguely remember reading a review of that movie at one time, and thinking that I'd like to see it...never got around to it though. Did you watch it in a movie house, on tv, or did you rent it?
Catherine
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.