Sunshine on Leith - The Movie

Discuss the books you've read, the movies and TV shows you've seen
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Sunshine on Leith - The Movie

Post by Hughie »

Looking forward to this years first movie in our neighbourhood house film club. "Sunshine on Leith".

BWalsh
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Sunshine on Leith - The Movie

Post by BWalsh »

Great film, Hughie. Watch out for a cameo appearance of the Proclaimers. The stage show was also excellent, probably better. All, of course, if you like the Proclaimers.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Yes, enjoyed the movie, Bernard. The audience seemed to enjoy it too. Wife and I gave it a four out of five. Some really fine actors there. Thought they might have highlighted Edinburgh Castle a wee bit more though.

Loved the acting of Peter Mullan and Jane Horrocks. Love Jane as Bubbles in "Absolutely Fabulous"' She's a right wee treasure and to see her in this role was a real treat.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Last week I was at a very different production of “Sunshine on Leith” it was Ardrossan Academy’s version and it was absolutely wonderful. I can’t praise the youngsters high enough, stars in the making every one of them. Amateurs but very professional performances. It looked as if they were themselves as were the audience, who joined in at the last number and the place was bouncing. A great night was had by all.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

meekan wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:12 am Last week I was at a very different production of “Sunshine on Leith” it was Ardrossan Academy’s version and it was absolutely wonderful. I can’t praise the youngsters high enough, stars in the making every one of them. Amateurs but very professional performances. It looked as if they were themselves as were the audience, who joined in at the last number and the place was bouncing. A great night was had by all.
Angus - I saw Les Miserable in the West End in London then went to the touring production in Glasgow. Years later I was persuaded to (reluctantly) go to the Prestwick Academy production - and without doubt, the school’s production was by far the best - what a night!

I know how much blood, sweat and tears go into productions like this - so well done to Ardrossan Academy and I hope the school assistants, the music and the drama teachers recover before the schools go back after the summer.