Daytime TV - for the retired

Discuss the books you've read, the movies and TV shows you've seen
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Daytime TV - for the retired

Post by Meg »

Have watched two series of 800 words on BBC 1 these past few weeks - a widower and his two teenage kids go to live in the back of beyond of New Zealand shortly after his wife died. Was a bit like a soap but hugely enjoyable. Roll on the third series.

Also, satellite packed in today and it was cooking for the freezer time, so needed company whilst chopping onions and veggies ready to make the standbys chez Weir. Downloaded a box set of Brokenhill Mysteries - again a series set in a small town in New Zealand - not bad and will keep watching after cooking sessions finished.

Meg
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: Daytime TV - for the retired

Post by creamolafoam »

Not retired (yet), but as a night shift worker for most part & a light sleeper, I sometimes dip in & out of daytime tv & find most of it tedious & garbage. All daytime programmes on the itv network are particularly dreadful.Lorraine Kelly, Jeremy Kyle, This Morning, Loose women & judge rinder shows leave me with no words.
Don’t mind a bit of father brown on the bbc though :)
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Me either and agree with you creamolafoam about the ned TV, but if I'm in in the afternoon I like to watch countdown.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

creamolafoam wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 11:30 pm
Don’t mind a bit of father brown on the bbc though :)
Yes, creamolafoam I don’t particularly like those “live” or reality shows but I do like a bit of drama especially mystery sleuthing type programs like Fr Brown, and a change to US crime drama if I am ironing - goodness how boring does my life sound but I have to admit, this is an amazing period of my life - I am LOVING not working :D
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Me too Meg. Although looking after the grandchildren keeps me busy. However my daughter does the cooking which is nice, and lets me do the washing up. We enjoy shopping together, and share the costs. A nice easy existence!
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Perhaps I was a bit off topic. My favourite programme is 'The Chase'. I like to test my intelligence and see how many questions I can answer. I also enjoy the antique auction shows. :)