What's the latest movie you've seen?

Discuss the books you've read, the movies and TV shows you've seen
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What's the latest movie you've seen?

Post by Hughie »

At our neighbourhood film club last night we watched a very good local movie about our Fairy Penguins. It was made just down the coast from us.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P7AV2ZYlxvI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

From our local pier some years ago I filmed a fairy Penguin rounding up a shoal of fish and posted it here in the following threetowners topic: http://www.threetowners.net/forum/viewt ... 8788#p8788
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Just about to watch 'Amityville Horror' (remake).

Will see if it is as good as the original.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Broadchurch, I missed it last night but watched the first twenty minutes this morning and thought it was daft. The rape victim has received a major blow to the back of the head and yet is not taken to hospital for a ct scan the detectives more interested in getting forensic evidence which could be collected in hospital. Jings what an unattractive and miserable pair those detectives are. They should rename the series the Mochet Detective.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Got 'The Lodge' to watch later. My Sunday treat.

It is about a couple who rent a lodge in the Rocky Mountains, only to discover the landlord mysteriously knows very little about the surrounding area.

Hope it is good.

Edit: It was reasonable but could have been better.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Broadchurch is getting weirder. Turns out the rape victim is s-x mad.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Never heard of s-x. What is this?
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

5siamese7 wrote:Broadchurch is getting weirder. Turns out the rape victim is s-x mad.
5siamese7 - Broadchurch is a TV program - the topic is "latest movie". Can you add to a thread that is already discussing the TV program or start a new topic.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Meg wrote:
5siamese7 wrote:Broadchurch is getting weirder. Turns out the rape victim is s-x mad.
5siamese7 - Broadchurch is a TV program - the topic is "latest movie". Can you add to a thread that is already discussing the TV program or start a new topic.
Sorry Meg
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

The Bourne Identity with Matt Damon. Alll action James Bond type of film from 2002. At least a happy ending.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Jean, Living in Italy as you've done for some time, do you watch films in English or Italian language versions. :think:
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Hi Hughie. Nice to hear from you. Well, actually, living with my daughter and her family, I share a room with a six year old so when I watch films at night they have to be without voice! But all films on the tv are in Italian. My son in law doesn't speak English so we keep to Italian voice even on american films. However they have SKY so I can see the British/American news and some house programmes in English if I want to. Some local cinemas now are doing British /American films with subtitles in Italian. But I do love the British Antique programmes and quizzes and the first thing I do when I go to my flat in Switzerland is turn on Channel 4 or anywhere that shows Homes under the Hammer, Countdown or anything similar. Thanks for asking.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Tonight we watched a couple of films that have been mentioned on this thread earlier. Girl on the train,it's pretty hard work to start but it all comes together in the end.

Hacksaw Ridge true story about a world war 2 conscientious objector who is branded a coward because he won't carry a weapon. He becomes a medic and proves everyone wrong.
Those wimin were in the nip.