Firsts

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by elvis1913 »

First school.
Saltcoats public, loved it, cried when I had to leave it, not the teachers just the school. he he
First love.
Douglas Russell, or was it Russell Douglas no sure but never forgot the kiss, he called me out in post-mans knock. It was pure magic so it was, fell in love right there and then, he smelled sooooooo good, like he had just been scrubbed clean with some nice fragrant soap. I can remember it all to this day, oh take me back!
First trophy.
Our school baseball team, we beat the best team in the league and there was no stopping us! we ended up with the trophy and the regional pennant, ah what happy days, why did they have to end.
First job.
Was working in a greeting card factory I would have worked for nothing, (which was just about what I got) I loved it so much. I used to put the wee ribbon bows down the sides and then put glittery stuff over the picture, oh, that was great fun.
Have'nt got anymore on the list so heres one of my own.....
First blind date.
The guy was a reall dog, had a face like a pair of melted wellies. He talked with a lisp an he never shut up the whole night. He asked me to dance and of course he had two left feet so could'nt dance a step, the song seemed to last forever. After the torture was over and he took me home he tried to kiss me goodnight at my door and I was so glad when my Dad yelled at me to get in the house. What a nightmare, I nearly killed my pal for talking me into it, needless to say that was my last blind date.
Last on the list.
Since I joined The group I have enjoyed it every day since. I look forward each day to reading the posts. I just wish more members would join in and we could all have a good wee blether. It's nice to know there's others out there from the three towns and we all have something in common. cheers to all.
Josephine.
harrysteell
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

first day at school

Post by harrysteell »

FIRST DAY WAS VERY FRIGHTENING AT WINTON1952 I WANTED TO GO HOME BUT THE TEACHER WOULDNEY LET ME SHE WAS MISS MCLARRIN SECOND DAY GOT BULLIED LEFT SCHOOL 1962 WORKED AT THE EAGLE CLEANERS GLASSGOW ST AS SOON AS I GOT MY DRIVING LICENCE I LEFT FOR GREENER FIELDS I LEFT FOR LONDON THE LIGHTS WERE BRIGHT BUT IT WAS NOT VERY EASY TO MAKE FRIENDS AS THEY THOUGHT SCOTTISH PEOPLE WERE STRANGE AND HAD A FUNNY ACCENT
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Firsts

Post by Hughie »

Recommended, Read from the start: viewtopic.php?p=2643#p2643
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re:

Post by morag »

Catherine Belle wrote:First day of school...St John's Primary 1952 or 3. I don't remember who it was, but the kid next to me (girl) had her desk-lid up and she was eating her play-piece in class. I remember being terrified that she'd get found out, but she didn't seem the least bit worried...jist kept oan munchin away! :roll: I ended up drawing the teacher's attention our way...I burst oot greetin! :cry: ..couldnae help it...the pressure o her gettin caught wiz too much for me. :?

First best friend... Theresa Robertson. We lost touch after St. Johns

First Communion...All I could think about was, whit if A touch the wafer (the body of Christ) wae ma teeth :( will a die an go to hell!? :cry:
For some reason the thought of dyin n goin to hell, occupied an awfa lot o my waking thoughts when I was really young. :lol: Somebody must have really done a number on me.. :lol:

..later, Catherine
Oh Cath, what a laugh, was that oor Thurza? Great lassie.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis