auchenharvie house school

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: auchenharvie house school

Post by Sarah »

Thanks for the photos Bobbydarg, brought back a few good memories for me
I went to Auchenharvie house from the age of 13 to 15, there was some kind of trial
they took a couple of girls out of each school in the 3 towns, it was for domestic science.
we also did a lot of work in the garden, under Mr McNaught's watchful eye' I really look back
on them 2 years as the best education I had, learned how to jive, swear, smoke, and other useful thing...
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

So thank God yer time wisny wasted!!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

Gave up the smokes and the jiving Morag, have to clean the house now and again
and still cuss a wee bit. They were a great bunch o' lassies...
georgeflemingard
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by georgeflemingard »

I remember Auchinharvie house as a place us kids when to, to learn how to build model Aero Planes. Later on when a good bit older we went there with our motor Bikes, as that was the Club House for the Stevenson and District Motor Cycle Club. Anybody remember those days i know you will Ellen. I agree the House should have been peserved as a Historic Building. Too much of our history is lost to the Bulldoser, the old Lyric Picture House will be next, if it hasnt already happened. George
Auchenharvie777
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Auchenharvie777 »

Hi there Eddie Ainsworth here I started the judo at Auchenharvie and later ran the karate club when I learned more , I was the first to travel fom Scotland to learn, and had the first Karate club in Scotland, I stepped down from judo in 2017 aged 82, I was Scotlands longest serving International Referee, I always lived in Ardrossan Road Saltcoats.
chriso
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by chriso »

I remember your name from when I worked with Alec Gibson from Saltcoats, I know him as Sanny. we served our apprentice ship together with Isaac Cherry and he spoke about you then, telling me he learned judo from you. I think Robert McLaughlin from Stevenston did as well.
Idiot - seeks village.
Auchenharvie777
New Poster
New Poster

John Donnelly wrote: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:45 am Hi LP,

I went to Judo classes in Auchenharvie around 1960. The guy who gave the lessons lived in Schoolwell St. in Stevenston. Does anybody remember his name.

JD.
Hi there,Eddie Ainsworth here, I ran the judo club an Auchenarvie and Ardeer I also ran the first karate club in Scotland after i took lessons for a few years travelling up and down to train with Japanese instructors in England, Ihave always lived in Ardrossan road Saltcoats, I have now retired from marital arts two years ago at 81 and saw a good bit of the world through my Internation refereeing, hope this info was of interest to you.
Eddie
Auchenharvie777
New Poster
New Poster

HI there , Eddie Ainsworth here , I ran the first judo club in the Auchenharvie stables across from the groundmans home Tam Birch and his sons, I also ran the first Karate club in Scotland after i travelled down to England for a few years to train with Japaneese instructors.