About Bob Bryden

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

About Bob Bryden

Post by Hughie »

As you will see Bob has asked me to pass on this conversation we had on messenger to all his friends on threetowners. Hughie.

Bob sent
Hi Hugh, Can’t access Threetowners just now as back in Palmerston North Hospital being treated for Haematuria, blood clots in Urostomy output & carcinoma in my Ileal conduit. Consultant Urologist seems to think surgery too risky as late last year was diagnosed with heart failure & a echocardiogram of my heart in January showed it was only pumping at about 32% of capacity but awaiting a new scan & hopefully better performing heart following over 6 months treatment. Spent from Xmas Eve to New Years Eve last year in local Whanganui being treated for heart failure. Been told that my future is more in terms of months than years

Hugh sent
Hi Bob, Sorry to hear of your on-going health problems. You've maintained your positive attitude to your health problems for many years - I hope and pray this continued attitude will see you through these current problems and that you will be with us for years to come. Age is catching up with us. (Personal family information removed). Keep positive, Hugh McCallum

Bob sent
Hi Hugh, Thanks for your reply. I turned 70 last January yet some people have commented that I look well & don’t look my age. All the best, Bob

Bob sent
Not being discharged today. Just had prolonged discussions with Irish Anaesthesatist Doctor (fromCounty Kerry) & my outlook is dismal indeed. The cancer has evidently spread to my lymph nodes & surgery I'm told won't get rid of all of it. To proceed with surgery would be extremely high risk with potentially little if any benefit in terms of a better quality of life. Anaesthetists' opinion is evidently against surgery. The A. Doctor said they could control the symptoms with Radiation or Chemotherapy & such like. I told doctor I still tended to go ahead with surgery but found it an extremely difficult decision & was told I didn't have to make a decision straight away. If surgery went ahead there's no guarantee of success or whether I'd even survive. The Urology surgeons are likely to come & see me again today or tomorrow. Don't know what else to say other than I'm done for

Hugh sent
Don't know what to say about this bad news, Bob. I remember you saying you had relatives not far away, but that was some time ago - hope they are still around and perhaps can give you some comfort. Having read your story again on the problems your family had getting to be accepted as migrants, I have to say you must be so proud of your parents in their perseverance in reaching their goal. I'll be praying for you, Bob. Hugh McCallum

Bob sent
Please feel free Hugh to post on Threetowners my messages about my devastating health issues. I don’t feel like repeating them by doing so myself. My cousin & her husband are still nearby in Whanganui & their support & help has been invaluable. In fact they’ll be coming over to Palmerston North Hospital tomorrow to take me home. Palmerston North Hospital is 74km east of Whanganui.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: About Bob Bryden

Post by Meg »

Such sad news Hughie. All hope and best wishes being sent to Bob.

Meg
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Hughie would you please pass on my best wishes to Bob, I still remember him from Churchill Drive. My thoughts and prayers are with him.
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

Hughie, please let Bob know I'm thinking of him and I send my best wishes.
Irene
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Hugh, sorry to hear of Bob’s health problems.
Only Bob can make the descision regarding the next step and I am sure he will make the choice that is correct for him.
Like you our thoughts and prayers go out to him.
Netta
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Sorry to hear of Bob's health problems, please let him know I'm thinking of him.
Those wimin were in the nip.
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

So sorry to hear of this after all Bob has been through in recent years. My thoughts and best wishes go out to him.

Susan
George Ardrossan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by George Ardrossan »

Bob and I have exchanged messages in the past and I found found him to be very helpful. Please give him my best wishes.

George
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

Sorry Bob to hear about your on going health issues know we are all thinking about you ...
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

Wishing Bob the very best. Thinking of him during his testing times.
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

"What language are you talking in now? It appears to be Bo**ocks."
sally40bags
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by sally40bags »

Wishing Bob al, the very best x
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Haven't heard from Bob since he left the hospital - I've emailed him today.