Milda

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Milda

Post by Meg »

I’m crying as I type this - this is a quote from Milda’s Facebook page written by her granddaughter.

There is no easy way to write this. First of all I would like to thank each and everyone of you who prayed for my granny, as you all know my granny was a strong woman, a fighter and she fought for as long as she could but unfortunately after fighting for 8 days in hospital due to complications of COVID-19 she was just too tired and fell asleep this morning 😇💔
I can’t even begin to put into words what my granny meant to me and my family but what I will say is I was honoured to have her as my mum mum (granny) and my kids were honoured to have her as their mum mum (great granny).It’s hard to lose a loved one no matter what the circumstances but to lose a loved one during this pandemic is just unbearable. My granny was alone and isolated during her fight, no one allowed in to see her or even to hold her hand when she needed us most. I will never get to see my granny again not even to give her one last kiss or to say goodbye one last time and I just can’t seem to come to terms with that at all. Mum mum I love you with all my heart and we will meet again and when we do I will smother you with hugs and kisses. RIP you wee Scottish gem 💎 Heaven has gained another angel 😇 You might be gone but you will never be forgotten 😪💔🦋

Rest in peace Milda xxxxxxx
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Milda

Post by bonzo »

Jeez, Rest In Peace Milda.

Ian.
Last edited by bonzo on Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those wimin were in the nip.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Don't know what to say. Milda's granddaughter said it all I think; so poignant.
All our thoughts and prayers are with the family that they find the strength to get through the difficult days to come.
John and Ria.
Last edited by John Donnelly on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
George Ardrossan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by George Ardrossan »

Rest in peace, Milda.
George
georgersweir
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by georgersweir »

Milda was always a cheery participant when she was able to attend our reunion events. Here she is with her husband Derek at our Music Night in the Grant Arms, 17th July 2014. I'm sure she will be sorely missed by all who knew her.

I'm still saving up for a signature.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Such sad news. Rest in peace, Milda

Brian
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

Rest in peace, Milda.

Irene
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

So sad to wake this morning to this terrible news. Milda was one of our long term active members, and when she could, would come across to Scotland to her native Saltcoats and get involved in our get togethers. She will be sadly missed. Condolences to Derek and family. RIP Milda.
margb
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by margb »

Condolences to Derek and his family. Will also miss you Milda. Living round the corner from my Nana you helped me remember about memories of my childhood. RIP
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Aw Milda, always hoped you'ld pull through. You'll be sorely missed by all. Condolences to Derek and all the family.
Say hello to Morag and any other threetowners you'll meet on your journey.
God Bless.
J.x
mcgrattan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by mcgrattan »

Rest in Peace, Milda.

Tom Mc Grattan
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Devastating news. You were a wee gem, Milda. And I'll never forget the effort you made to travel from Northern Ireland to Threetown events. Safe onward journey, and rest in peace.

Condolences to Derek and the extended family.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.