Threetowners 20th Birthday Celebrations

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Threetowners 20th Birthday Celebrations

Post by Hughie »

We know it's been a long haul for you and your family and your dear wife Ian. Keep in mind, we, your extended family are here for you.
AnneHM
New Poster
New Poster

Post by AnneHM »

Lovely idea to celebrate the 20 year anniversary. So sorry I can't be there to join in. Some years ago I did travel to Saltcoats and was quite upset to see that the top floor of 5 - 7 Dockhead Street had vanished!
I was brought up here and my bedroom was a boxroom on the 3rd storey - now gone!
I suppose the building had deteriorated.

Best wishes to all.

Anne
Rhionnach
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Rhionnach »

I will unfortunately not be able to make this as I will be at work that day.
It is impossible to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
Milda
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Milda »

Oh Meg I am so disappointed that I can't come for health reasons .I will be very sad that day that I am not there as I have been to all the other reunions and it was lovely to meet up with all my friends who have been like family . Please give my love to everyone who manages to be there and of course love to you and George I will miss seeing you both.xxx
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Milda wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:53 pm Oh Meg I am so disappointed that I can't come for health reasons .I will be very sad that day that I am not there as I have been to all the other reunions and it was lovely to meet up with all my friends who have been like family . Please give my love to everyone who manages to be there and of course love to you and George I will miss seeing you both.xxx
Milda, I didn’t think you would be able to make the journey, and you will be really missed, but I promise to take lots of photos so you can see what happened. Lots of love to you and the big fellah.

Megx
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

MANBEAR wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:44 pm Meg sorry I won’t be able to attend as I am waiting on my wife passing away which i have been told will happen over next few days I tried to send PM but it seems to have disappeared.
Ian
Ian, I'm so sad to hear this. Hope everything will go as smoothly as possible, and all 3ts will keep you in mind and prayers. I'll add you to my prayers, ( God will no doubt will roll His eyes, oh here she goes again!). Keep being as strong as you can.xxx
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Meg, wish we could have been there but that “old age doesn’t come alone” health problems will stop us .
Will be thinking of you all and wishing Bob and I were there. Look forward to seeing all the photos though.
Netta and Bobby
Milda
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Milda »

Thank you Meg and Hughie said nice things to me too .Have a lovely time ,I will be there in spirit a low flyer lol.Yes plenty of photos please .I will tell Derek you send good wishes to him xx
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Yes, Milda. Good vibes knowing you were in good caring hands when we met, Derek. :)
Milda
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Milda »

Thanks Hughie and all the best for your surgery x
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Well, two weeks today sees our reunion celebrations - hope the weather is as kind as it is today.

Iain has very kindly linked a map with the meeting point for our walk around the old ICI site. Meeting in the car park at 4pm - at the following point:

http://stevenstonconservation.org/LNR/f ... arking.jpg

An arrow points to the parking point; red dots mark the route through Stevenston Industrial Estate to the site.

If you are planning on coming along and want a bite to eat in the Champion Shell afterwards, can you please confirm by Friday - either on here or PM me. The pub doesn’t do food on a Wednesday evening, but they will do some soup and rolls with sausage, or similar if I confirm numbers.

Really looking forward to a great day...

Meg
mcgrattan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by mcgrattan »

Anne and I intend to go to Winton Park, the Castle and the Lauriston. Anne may go to Ardeer. I am going to Glasgow in the evening so we won’t be at the Champion Shell.

See you then.

Tom McGrattan