William Allan

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
allan007
New Poster
New Poster

William Allan

Post by allan007 »

My Grandfather William Allan born 18th September 1906, lived at 37 Quay Street Saltcoats and died in 1970. I would love to know where grandad is buried, can anyone send me a photograph of his final resting place and whoever new him, anything from his connection with the Masonic Lodge, and anything of our family.

His brother was Alexander Allan who died at the battle of Normandy in 1944, Alexander Allan and buried in France.

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone would mind taking pictures of our families places of residences in Stevenson, Ayrshire, Saltcoats, I would so appreciate.

I have tried my best to ask others that may know our family, if they have any pictures etc, but nothing has happened. I’m happy to know, all the good and bad of grandad, I never judge.

My dad was Alexander Allan, his Sister Mary Allan who married William Wilson and lived in Stevenson.
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: William Allan

Post by gnyaff »

Hello Allan007,

Having just read your post I suggest you look up Lodge Neptune Kilwinning 442 on Google, this will give you details of the Lodge which is situated in Bradshaw Street Saltcoats and the contact for the Secretary, he would be able to tell you if he was in that particular Lodge or he would be able to find out if he was in another Lodge in the area. Hope this helps.

Wee Boney