boglemart street

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
macaulay
Settling In
Settling In

Re: boglemart street

Post by macaulay »

Hello John,

Yes I got your private message and I did reply to it, but I wasn't sure if I had done it properly. I'll go on and find out.

Anna
PaddyQ
New Poster
New Poster

Post by PaddyQ »

Hello All,

I have just joined and doing a bit of family history research...great to see my Grandad John Quinn, my Dad Patsy Quinn and brothers John & Terry sadly all deceased mentioned in the chat below. My names Pat Quinn that's the same Pat mentioned in the forum by Brian F....would love to hear any other stories of the Quinn family that resided at 14 Glencairn street which was my Gran & Grandads house where I spent many a day as a child under the watchful eye of old John and Elizabeth all those years ago:)
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Pat, Welcome to the forum. Don't know if you will remember me "Briff" as i moved to England about 40 years ago - I used to run about with Michael O'Hagan, Rab Farquhar and a few others from Pennyburn. Remember having a few drinks in the Claremont- Saturday afternoons with big Terry and John and others then the Claremont disco later at night also the Kings upstairs. The last time i spoke to you was when i returned to Kilwinning on a visit and you showed me around Flicks, i think it was called that.So sorry to learn that Terry passed away recently he was one of life's great guys. Hopefully, you will learn some info about your family who lived at Glencairn street. Can you remember much about Morag a legend on the forum who passed away recently -was she your cousin?

Brian
PaddyQ
New Poster
New Poster

Post by PaddyQ »

Hi Brian...wow that's a blast from the past..I do recall you and Mick, and Wee Rab...yes the club was called Flicks as it used to be an old picture hall in Kilwinning. Fond memories of the afternoon sessions in the Claremont all those years ago when I could drink in the afternoon and still go out at night..now not possible:) Dear Morag was my indeed my cousin, I heard the news of her passing which I believe was around 1 week before Big TQ passed away in November...sad times indeed.
So great to hear from you and anybody else that picks up this note and has any additional of my family from the 3 towns please drop me a note...would love to get in touch.

Currently writing from Russia where I work and have done for the last 12 years...bit chillier here -22c
Yuz - 03.jpg
Yuz - 04.jpg
All the best for 2020
Pat
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Thanks for the reply, Pat . Wishing you and your family best wishes for 2020. Enjoy the Vodka ..

Brian.