Pavement Safety Issue in New Street, Stevenston.

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Pavement Safety Issue in New Street, Stevenston.

Post by Vivc113 »

michaelm wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:50 pm Maybe I'm speaking too soon here, but there doesn't seem to have been any move made to fix things since the issue was reported online almost a fortnight ago.

And the crazy thing is, it looks as if it would only take one employee with experience of laying slabs a short amount of time to at least temporarily put things right.
Kinda makes my blood boil when I see what's been spent on the 'aesthetic' paving work in Countess Street Saltcoats - yet they don't seem bothered about a genuine issue of public safety in Stevenston Town Centre that would cost them next to nowt to fix.
It will get sorted once someone winds up in Crosshoose and it makes ASH headlines:

"Stevenston Slab Shocker".
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Vivc113 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:37 am It will get sorted once someone winds up in Crosshoose and it makes ASH headlines:

"Stevenston Slab Shocker".
You might not be very far off the mark there Viv.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

At last!
And to be fair the young workman seems to have done quite a thorough job, as apart from the obvious one causing the main problem, he lifted and then re-bedded a few more surrounding paving slabs as well.