Rudolph Hess - above the three towns?

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Rudolph Hess - above the three towns?

Post by Hughie »

Caught part of a documentary on the Duke of Kent who died in a military air-crash on 25 August 1942 in Scotland - bit of a conspiracy theory from what I saw of it. Anyway, they got on to the the story of Rudolph Hess and mentioned he flew into Scotland just south of Ardrossan. So to me that sounds like he perhaps crossed the coast above Stevenston or Saltcoats - any thoughts?
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Rudolph Hess - above the three towns?

Post by Penny Tray »

Hughie wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:47 am Caught part of a documentary on the Duke of Kent who died in a military air-crash on 25 August 1942 in Scotland - bit of a conspiracy theory from what I saw of it. Anyway, they got on to the the story of Rudolph Hess and mentioned he flew into Scotland just south of Ardrossan. So to me that sounds like he perhaps crossed the coast above Stevenston or Saltcoats - any thoughts?
Hughie,

I posted the following away back in 2010:-

I was interested to read (available as a free download on the internet) - "HESS - THE MISSING YEARS - 1941-1945" - and in particular this paragraph from page 112:

"At 10.56 p.m the ROC (Royal Observer Corps) spotted the Messerschmitt-110, losing height and now only three thousand feet up. Well below the scattered clouds,it was doubling back from Scotland’s west coast over Ardrossan, a few miles up the coast from Ayr. After circling back once or twice as though looking for something the plane vanished from the radar screens just to the south of the city at 11.07 pm. A local Home Guard unit reported that a plane had crashed at Eaglesham, just south of Glasgow and that the pilot was a German and had parachuted out and been taken prisoner."
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Thanks, Penny. Had a look at that topic. The late Margaret in Canada wrote:
knxyl wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:40 pm There was a story going around at the time that Hess was looking for Arran , home of his friend the Duke of Hamilton.
Don't know how true this was. Margaret
The documentary mentioned that too.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Hitler sais he was mentally ill which is rich coming from that nutter.