saltcoats doctors

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
AForsyth
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Re: saltcoats doctors

Post by AForsyth »

I know a lot about Dr Forsyth. What are you wanting to know?
Retsum
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Retsum »

Scott McCallum wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:49 pm Doctor Forsyth was my doctor when I was young. He was in practice in 1951 when I was born but I was delivered by his partner, Dr Stewart. Soon after, about 1953 or 1954, Dr Stewart either died or retired, and his new partner was Dr McIntosh. His surgery was in Ardrossan Road, about the third house in on the left from the start and before St Mary, Star of the Sea, church. He was still working into the seventies and probably after that but I had moved away and can't give any exact dates.

Scott McCallum
Dr Stewart owned the practice originally on his own - I was born 1939 and he delivered me and my younger brother and sister. He took on Dr Forsyth as a partner and Forsyth then took on the practice when Dr Stewart died or retired.
GarryT
Settling In
Settling In

Post by GarryT »

boots1 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:56 pm I found out today a wee bit more information about the saltcoats doctors in 1988 a new practice was opened in saltcoats raise street and the doctors that started there in 1988 were Dr Forsyth, Dr Macintosh, Dr Robertson, Dr Briggs - first female one Dr Hales, Dr De Coarse, Dr Gray,

Dr Ewing Macintosh - Just Died in 2015
Dr David Robertson - Died in 2012
Dr John Forsyth - Died in 2010 Aged 84 - Retired in 1990/1991, Buried in Galston
Dr Richard De Coarse - Retired Last Year after 26 years
Dr D S Hales - Just Retired This Year after 27 years
Don't know anything about Dr Gray

But before 1988 they had a Practice in Hamilton Street in Saltcoats from 1960 -1988
and the three doctors above worked in the practice
I don't know any before 1960 but this has helped me out well,
I saw all three of those doctors in Hamilton Street as I was a regular for sick lines in 80’s before self certificates. What about Dr Milligan? I’m thinking he was Hamilton Street as well and moved into Raise Street when it first opened?