Planes over the three towns

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Planes over the three towns

Post by Vivc113 »

Too many planes.

Have never liked air travel personally.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Vivc113 wrote:Too many planes.

Have never liked air travel personally.
wee bit squeamish there myself, but just beforemy first flight I'd read abook, 'above the clouds the sky is always blue'. was astonished leaving Glasgow...it was!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Never been a fan of flying but I'm alot better than I used to be. I was that bad I wouldn't even speak, just sat and stared at the seat in front of me.

I remember once flying back from Portugal it was January and Ayrshire was white. We came up the coast and in over Stevenston great views of the dug track and auchenharvie,could even pick out my parents house.

Sometime in the 80s (I think)I remember seeing the space shuttle getting a piggy back on a jumbo jet as it flew over the 3 towns.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

I remember peeing in the country. Nowhere to go and one of those light aircrafts passing overhead.

Must have seen me.

I sit and don't speak either Bonzo... If you don't move or speak it means you will be safe. //funny
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

bonzo wrote: Sometime in the 80s (I think)I remember seeing the space shuttle getting a piggy back on a jumbo jet as it flew over the 3 towns.
Could have been 1983/84 when "Enterprise" made its world tour.
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Yip know the feeling :lol: I'm really brave now sometimes I even get up and go to the toilet //funny . Only a week to go until my next few hours of terror off to Malta next Tuesday :smt100
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

hahaya2004 wrote:
bonzo wrote: Sometime in the 80s (I think)I remember seeing the space shuttle getting a piggy back on a jumbo jet as it flew over the 3 towns.
Could have been 1983/84 when "Enterprise" made its world tour.
That would be about right. Think they made some parts for it at Prestwick maybe?
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

bonzo wrote: That would be about right. Think they made some parts for it at Prestwick maybe?
Don't know about that, but the 747 with Enterprise visited Cologne Bonn airport, one of the emergency airports, in May 1983. I happened to be working there at the time. Quite a sight. 8)
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

hahaya2004 wrote:
bonzo wrote: That would be about right. Think they made some parts for it at Prestwick maybe?
Don't know about that, but the 747 with Enterprise visited Cologne Bonn airport, one of the emergency airports, in May 1983. I happened to be working there at the time. Quite a sight. 8)
If I remember, it was on a European tour. It flew up the Dutch coast from south to north.

JD.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

yes its a great app Hughie one of my many hobbies is transport ie lorries, ships, and airoplanes, i have flight radar and also marine traffic, as far as I'm aware theres no app for road transport which is a shame, when u get a look at flight radar and see all the planes you wonder how can they all be up there at same time, specialy if you look at usa its awash with them .

James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

Flew into Prestwick from Canada late sixty's it was so beautiful...