StarInn Hall

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

StarInn Hall

Post by Jimmym »

Can anyone remember the StarInn Hall i remember going to it as a kid and remember Mrs Smith and her son Duncan Dundas, and her man worked in the garage straight across from the StarInn Hall but for the life of me i can't remember the name of it, Can anyone remember going to the hall can you add names and can anyone remember the name of the garage .

Bestwishes Jimmy
margb
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: Star Inn Hall

Post by margb »

Kyleshill Motors is the name of the garage, Jimmym. If you put the garage name and the Star Inn in the search box you will get a few items regarding both.
Mrs Smith is still with us,and her son Duncan has moved up north. Where I'm not sure. I used to attend the mission hall when I was a teenager. My name at that time was Margaret Campbell.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: StarInn Hall

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

yes the star inn I was in it a couple of times, when it was demolished they built the new one in parkend road, as for mrs smith I worked for her and I was told she is now in a nursing home but I don't know if that's true as I havnt been able to find out, her husband hugh smith was in partnership with a wee guy cant remember his name but I think at one time he was in fruit and veg, hugh smith was also I believe the foreman mechanic in pringles garage I know he worked in there in some capacity. he was a top notch mechanic an all.

James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

I can find out James al ask a friend of mine who knows her well get back to you as soon as i can .
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

brvhrtjimmy wrote: her husband hugh smith was in partnership with a wee guy cant remember his name
James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
JIm
I think his name was Mcnicol
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

Hi James, Mrs Smith still stay's in the same house just up from raise street and my friend takes her for her shopping and other stuff.

Bestwishes Jinny
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

meekan wrote:
brvhrtjimmy wrote: her husband hugh smith was in partnership with a wee guy cant remember his name
James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
JIm
I think his name was Mcnicol

Thank's meekan, was wondering what his partner was called and Mr Smith was a very nice man would never walk by you.
sheenaj
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by sheenaj »

I remember Mrs Smith,nice lady and Duncan. They also went to Saltcoats Baptist when I was there.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

if you mean the one at the iron bridge sheenaj we went back to that hall for the tea after hugh smiths funeral and thanks for that info jimmym

James Barr. (Brvhrtjimmy)
Last edited by brvhrtjimmy on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

brvhrtjimmy wrote:if you mean the one at the iron bridge sheenaj we went back to that hall for the tea. and thanks for that info jimmym

James Barr. (Brvhrtjimmy)

Your welcome James

Bestwishes Jimmy
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

Hi James Barr, Got an Email from my friend to date and i was asked to pass a message to you from Mrs Smith she remembers you as like you said you worked for her and she sends her regards .

Bestwishes Jimmy