Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.

Where in the world do we live?

Three towns
30%
Elsewhere in Scotland
21%
England
16%
Other UK
2%
Europe other than UK
2%
Australia
12%
Canada
6%
New Zealand
2%
USA
6%
Others
3%

Total votes: 438

Super Mario
Settling In
Settling In

Re: Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Post by Super Mario »

Hello everybody,

I live in Saltcoats and have done all my life. Went to Auchenharvie Academy and Caledonia Primary. Unfortunately am currently unemployed and looking for work. Well look forward to chatting to everybody.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Welcome, Super Mario. :hi:
Hope you enjoy being a member of our group of locals and expats - looking forward to further posts. Good luck with the job search - it's not easy.
Super Mario
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Super Mario »

Hughie wrote:Welcome, Super Mario. :hi:
Hope you enjoy being a member of our group of locals and expats - looking forward to further posts. Good luck with the job search - it's not easy.
Especially not around this area :roll:
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Super Mario wrote:
Hughie wrote:Welcome, Super Mario. :hi:
Especially not around this area :roll:
Even back then, '60s I worked in Ayr, my pal in Glasgow, lots of us had to travel for work. Apart from holiday work in local cafe's, I don't recall any pals with local jobs :(
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
rebel
New Poster
New Poster

Post by rebel »

My name was Marette Mcglashan,I went to St Mary's in Jacks road and in Springvale Street. Then to St Michaels. I now live in Little Rock Arkansas, I am married and have two girls. My sister Trina married Pat McAvoy and still lives in saltcoats. Does anyone on the web site remember me? I have not lived in Saltcoats for at least 30 plus years.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Marette, Good to see you've joined us. The Pat McAvoy name rings a bell if he's from Ardrossan. Hope to hear more from you. :)
Islander
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by Islander »

Hello my name is Melanie (McLaughlin) Rees. My mother is Jean Reid Todd, born in Saltcoats, married William James McLaughlin, and moved to Canada in the early 50's, where she is stiIl living. I stumbled across the post about her family, my aunts and uncles! Elsie, Margaret, May, Ellen, Frank and John and am so glad to join and hopefully learn more! Previous poster Rebel is my first cousin!
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Welcome to threetowners, Melanie. Dip your toes in, and ask the questions about your Todd Saltcoats background in the topic you mentioned. There are knowledgeable folks here who will be willing to point you in the right direction. :)
Lucywho1
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Lucywho1 »

Hello Threetowners!
Happy to have found your site through my sister Melanie. I have never set foot in Scotland yet but it is on my travel list.
I am Michele nee McLaughlin. Father is William James (went by Jim) had two brothers Jack and Donald. My mom is Jean Reid Todd - had six other siblings: Ellen, Margaret, Elsie, John, May and Frank. Mom was born and raised in Saltcoats, married and moved to Canada (Toronto area) in the early 50's. Both my parents were born in 1927. Moms parents John Todd and Margaret Reid. Dads parents Thomas R McLaughlin and Dorothy Carman. We have found a lot of into on the Reid side of the family but not very much on the McLaughlin or Todd side.
I currently live in Calgary, Alberta and am happy to be meeting a cousin for the first time ever in early September!
We have been working on a tree in Ancestry for the last few years.
Thanks for the great site - I finally understand what ICI is - mom talks about it often but I was never able to get the full name!
Looking forward to spending time here and reading up on threetowners.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

A warm welcome to the Threetowners Michelle. As Hughie said, we have a wealth of information connected to the three towns, and some members with great expertise in delving into family history who always are willing to help.

Meg
Tommy Walker
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Tommy Walker »

Hi my name is tommy Walker. Born and raised in Saltcoats. My dad ran a butchers shop in dockhead st.i played in a local rock band. Hope someone remembers me.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Tommy, Welcome! Hope to hear more from you. What was the name of the rock band? :puter