Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.

Where in the world do we live?

Three towns
30%
Elsewhere in Scotland
21%
England
16%
Other UK
2%
Europe other than UK
2%
Australia
12%
Canada
6%
New Zealand
2%
USA
6%
Others
3%

Total votes: 438

wellparkno9
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by wellparkno9 »

Hi Josephine,your memory fails you ,the wee shop across from you was Miss Lukes,a wee sweety shop,then there was Nichol's the grocers,then the paper shop,it was called Donald's when I was wee.Do you mind the CABIN on the gasworks brae?Regards Sam.
elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by elvis1913 »

Ah! Sam a' wiz gonnae say a thought it was a wee sweety shop. I remember the cabin although not the name I'm thinking a wee pokey fish and chip shop just before going over the bridge maybe that was at Parkend Rd. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! ma brains fried soitis :mrgreen:
wellparkno9
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by wellparkno9 »

Hi Josephine ,there was a wee chip shop in Chaplewell St.I cant mind it ,my sister told me about it,but it would be before coming over the brae
the other way.I think its name was Porter's.Regards Sam.
aileen bryce
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by aileen bryce »

:D MY NAME IS AILEEN BRYCE WENT TO STEVENSTON PRIMARY AND HIGH SCHOOL 1955 TO 1966. LIVED IN CRAIGDENE DRIVE, NOW LIVING IN RICHMOND VIRGINIA USA. WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE FROM THAT TIME. LOST TOUCH WITH MARION MITCHELL SHEENA BURNS HELEN NORWOOD ANN SMITH. MOVED WITH MY COMPUTER AND DID NOT DOWNLOAD MY EMAIL ADDRESSES.
I COME FROM STEVENSTON , WAS AT HIGH SCHOOL 1961 1966. INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM OLD FRIENDS
Ardrossan
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Ardrossan »

Hello everyone. Been browsing for a while, fantastic site, great photographs.

:D
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Ardrossan,

Welcome to threetowners. Don't be a stranger, come back and let's be hearing from you. :)
Ardrossan
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Ardrossan »

hewmac wrote:Hi Ardrossan,

Welcome to threetowners. Don't be a stranger, come back and let's be hearing from you. :)
Thans HM, I'm here almost every day anyway, just finally got round to registering.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Hi, I grew up in Stevenston and left for America when I married in'74. Now widowed, I live in California with my 3 sons and daughter, numerous cats and a big dog (Gordon Setter)! :roll:
Mac
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

A wanderer returns

Post by Mac »

After 40 years in various parts of the world, I have returned home to Stevenston. Born in Station Square, lived in Ardoch Crescent and Hamilton Crescent (so no preference for top end or bottom end!). Schooled at Higher Grade and left to see the world in 1963. Got lots of T-shirts but now glad to be back.

Came across this site whilst researching local history and am pleased to join the forum. Hope I can contribute a bit.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: A wanderer returns

Post by Hughie »

Mac wrote:Came across this site whilst researching local history and am pleased to join the forum. Hope I can contribute a bit.
Hi Mac,
Welcome to threetowners. Local history get's most of us from the towns home or away interested, so it's great to see that's one of your interests. And Golf? your in Mac. I know both Ardoch Crescent and Hamilton Crescent well. First trip back we stayed above the wee Dairy in Ardoch Terrace and the second trip we stayed in Hamilton Crescent for a short time.

I take it you're ex RN. The white duster avatar gives you away. Again a warm welcome to you.
Mac
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: A wanderer returns

Post by Mac »

Thanks for the welcome Hughie. Appreciated.
Aye, I am ex RN. Spent some time in Sydney - HMAS Penguin as was. Great times :)
elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by elvis1913 »

Oh nice fancy flag Mac welcome!

My Dad's family were all Stevenston and my Mom's were all Saltcoats.
so a big welcome to Threetowners. cheers

Josephine. :mrgreen: