Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.

Where in the world do we live?

Three towns
30%
Elsewhere in Scotland
21%
England
16%
Other UK
2%
Europe other than UK
2%
Australia
12%
Canada
6%
New Zealand
2%
USA
6%
Others
3%

Total votes: 438

John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Post by John Donnelly »

Hi Irene and welcome.

There was a Houston a year above me at St. Micks, which would put her age around 70. Any relation?

Can't remember her name. Don't think it was Irene.

JD.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Hello Irene, and welcome to the 3Ts - looking forward to reading your posts.

Meg
JoeDalton
New Poster
New Poster

Post by JoeDalton »

Hi my name is joe Dalton from Kilwinning went to st winnings primmary then to st. peter ardrossan.
I was born in june 1950 and would love to hear from any old school mates,work mates, or old pals.
I live in Dundee am married with two grown up sons.
I am an electrician and have have work on oil rigs since 1976.
maggie T
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by maggie T »

Hi,Joe .Thanks for getting in Touch with your sister for me.Had a E_Mail from her .its over 50years since we worked together in the ICI.Thanks Again . Maggie T.
patm
New Poster
New Poster

Post by patm »

Hi,
Just thought i would take this chance to say hello again
My name is Pat McVey, originally born in Irvine back in 49, but spent my formative years in Dalry road in Ardrossan.
I went to Winton, Eglinton then Stanley when it first opened then on to Ardrossan Academy
Although i joined this site a few years ago, recently i was what could best be described as a lapsed member for the last 2 or 3 of years.

Thanks Hughie for the recent email reminder of this great site.
I have thoughly enjoyed catching up on all the great topics which have brought back so many great memories.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Welcome back, Pat. Hope to hear more from you in the future. Would love to see a few others return if they are able. :)
reggie james
New Poster
New Poster

Post by reggie james »

My name is Reggie James, also known as Reggie Bell (Bell is my mothers maiden name). I was born in my grandparents front room at 29 Townhead Rd. Saltcoats in 1947. Moved to England with my parents the same year then moved back in 1950 when my parents divorced. My first school was Kyleshill, I stated in 1951, then left for Canada in 1953, then returned to Saltcoats in 1954. We stayed at 35 Townhead Rd. until 1957 whem my mother got a new council house at 11 Keir Hardie Place. When My mother died the following year my granny took me to Canada againn for two years then came back to Saltcoats where I attend Saltcoats J.S. until I started in Ardeer in 1962. After working in the general stores I immigrated to Toronto Canada for the last time in 1965. I still visit my old home town about every 4 years.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Hi Reggie, boy you've bounced around a lot! Nice to have you join the group and I'm sure you must have some stories! :D
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Newt
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Newt »

Hi. My name is Sandra McCourt (hedger) I was born and brought up in Ardrossan. 63 Ashgrove road to be precise. I went to the Egglington primary school before it was pulled down, then went to st peters before going to st Andrews. I moved away to Dundee when I was 13, and now live in Perthshire. I would love to hear from anyone who may remember me. It would be great to hear from you. My sister Margaret still lives down in Ardrossan with her beautiful kids and I go down when I can, which is not often enough.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Sandra, nice to hear from you. :)
PennyCaramel
New Poster
New Poster

Post by PennyCaramel »

Hello, I'm Helen. I lived in Stevenston at the old Station Square until I was 3 then moved to Canal Crescent. Went to the High School and then Auchenharvie for final year. After having done a circular tour of Ayrshire and Arran, I have been back living in Stevenston for about 10 years. May I just say a huge thanks to Hughie and his team for their work in maintaining this website. What a fantastic resource it is for all Threetowners at home and away.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Helen,
A warm welcome to you. My wife grew up in Station Square before moving to Summerville Drive, probably around 1948. Still visit with family friends in Canal Crescent when we're home - they've been there over fifty years.

Looking forward to further posts from you, Helen. :)