chicken stuffing

Post your recipes here. Please use *newtopic* for each recipe.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

chicken stuffing

Post by 5siamese7 »

This is dead simple and produces a tastey stuffing. Good quality pork sausages, open them up and discard the skins. Crumble some wholemeal bread and put into a bowl with chopped onions add your sausage meat and some sage and mix by hand. Stuff the chicken tightly an in an oven dish add water cover with foil and the result is a stuffing that you can carve like a loaf or if you prefer whilst its hot just spoon it out. Delicious.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: chicken stuffing

Post by michaelm »

Sounds like a quick wee personal recipe for success Bill. And to save you having to de-skin the links, you could always ask your Butcher to put aside the Sausagemeat for you, as most family Butchers will produce their own sausages on the premises.
Last edited by michaelm on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Heard years ago this could lead to food poisoning so stuffing cooked separately from then on. My husband was chief cook me the skivvy / guest entertainer (he was shy). My daughter now makes the stuffing and it was requested by oldest son for Thanksgiving..probably we'll all meet up there. Funny how growing up in the 50's / 60/s all our rellies were close by, then the future gen further and further apart.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

MIichaelm had a chicken with that stuffing last night and it was swell. Morag if cooked properly there is no problem. The great thing with stuffing the bird is all the flavours come to-gether and using water when its wrapped in foil keeps the bird moist.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

To-day pork stuffing was on sale in a Saltcoats supermarket and it did look nice but I guess its more to do with turkey than chicken They bring Christmas earlier every year and I guess its to squeeze the last drop of cash out of us.