Solar farm

Upload your three towns photographs here - people or places.
Forum rules
Post photographs here, which depict places or people in or from the three towns. You are welcome to upload direct from your computer to this album.
BWalsh
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Solar farm

Post by BWalsh »

I was going to post this picture months ago but thought that surely they will correct it. However as of yesterday its still there. Hope that if there is an emergency the time wasted going via Irvine Central doesn't prove crucial. ( No Accident and Emergency at Irvine)

Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Solar farm

Post by Vivc113 »

Sorry. I don't understand this (or maybe the pic is not clear on my mobile). Are emergency services going round the backroads ???
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
BWalsh
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by BWalsh »

The notice is directing any medical emergency to the A&E in Irvine. Of course there is no A&E in Irvine the nearest being Crosshouse.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Well spotted.
If you know the name of the solar company it might be a good idea to send a wee email letting them know how irresponsible it is.
Someone needs their erse booted for that sign.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

BWalsh wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:06 pm The notice is directing any medical emergency to the A&E in Irvine. Of course there is no A&E in Irvine the nearest being Crosshouse.
How daft.
BWalsh
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by BWalsh »

Thanks Michaelm, I have sent an e-mail to the only contact address I could find. Who knows if it'll make a difference.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Mmm. Would the Council perhaps have an e-mail address for the solar farm??

They would have granted permission for these poxy, landscape destroying panels.
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

In a previous post Vivc113 was opposed to tree planting, now as I understand is opposed to solar panel farm. How then will we continue to exist, when the entire atmosphere degenerates to a toxic gas, electricity vanishes for ever, given that we will have ceased to use fossil fuels, North Sea gas will have run out, government has banned fracking , and nuclear power. Extricate head from sand, rejoin the real world, and engage brain prior to posting.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Viv is a tree person and is unlikely to be opposed to tree planting. As technology moves forward there will be new ways of obtaining energy that will be efficient without ruining the landscape.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Isn't it your SNP brigade opposed to Nuclear Power.

Never mind... When they get in they can have us all blown up and we won't need to care. //funny
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

I think you're being a tad harsh with your comment's there tapnagol. In another topic you spoke of the importance of not letting things get personal on the forum's etc, but you seem to be doing exactly that yourself here.

I think Vivc113's main point re. this was mainly about the siting of certain Solar Farm's and their affect on the landscape, not the fact that they actually exist.
As for planting Tree's, I don't know what particular forum,topic or post you're referring to, but here's a wee hypothetical scenario for you to ponder. Were a nearby neighbour of your's to plant a few tree's in his garden that you had some sort of an objection to, would it be long before you started making a big fuss about it?
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

To michaelm and anyone who is offended by my previous post. I did not consider my remarks particularly offensive. I do however apologise to all who have taken offence to my post. It does seem to me however that we have become super sensitive to honest criticism .i did not consider such a mild rebuke in the least offensive . In view of some of the vitriolic comments made on this, and other forums. I think that what I posted was not in my opinion particularly offensive, more of the ' Awa an bile yer Heid, Category. It was an ( albeit ) to some, non P.C . Comment. I do not consider therefore my remarks at variance with any previous post by myself and , to limit posts to simply state genuinely held beliefs without any emphasis, can only serve to stifle debate. I stand by my previous observation that all posts should be legal in content and submitted without malice.