Solar farm

Upload your three towns photographs here - people or places.
Forum rules
Post photographs here, which depict places or people in or from the three towns. You are welcome to upload direct from your computer to this album.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Solar farm

Post by 5siamese7 »

Its Viv you should apologise to. "Extricate head from sand, rejoin the real world, and engage brain prior to posting." Uncalled for and a personal attack.
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

To Vivc113 re the post about SNP. Who is claiming ownership of this organisation ?.
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

In Vivc113 post. ' isn't it your SNP brigade that is opposed to nuclear power, To whom is this post addressed ?. In its current form it appears not to make sense.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Lets move on people, this is starting to get get off topic. :(
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

5siamese7 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:35 pm As technology moves forward there will be new ways of obtaining energy that will be efficient without ruining the landscape.
Maybe so, but I think it'll be long time before anything new in the offing bears any real fruit. Solar energy farm's and Wind turbine farms will be with us for decades yet I believe.

And that's not to say that I personally have any particular objection's to either.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

When railways were in their infancy, there were enormous objections to them. Look at the good they brought.
I'll gladly agree that not all innovation brings advantages: eg social media. But I believe that, as Siamese wrote, solar energy will eventually become as common as railways and in the future folk will laugh at the objections of today. Don't forget to take into account what the alternative is. :(
I've a funny feeling that the next couple of generations won't have such a big problem with it all.
An unusually optimistic JD.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

John Donnelly wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:18 pm
I'll gladly agree that not all innovation brings advantages: eg social media.
JD, you having a laugh? :lol:
Where exactly have you been expressing your opinion's online for the past few years?
That's right, on a 'social media' site like Threetowner's.

Who knows whether the next so called technological advances in energy resources will be beneficial to the planet, ourselves, our kid's, or even their kid's.
It is and always will be about big businesses making money.
Rustyduck
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Rustyduck »

I have solar pannels on my roof ,and as i live i Melbourne Australia i save a lot of money !The Goverment give me a rebait of 66cents for each kilw i do not use,!When i got them he price of a kliw was 8cents and now its 28!But i have a contract for 25 years starting 2010
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

michaelm wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:29 pm
John Donnelly wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:18 pm
I'll gladly agree that not all innovation brings advantages: eg social media.
JD, you having a laugh? :lol:
Where exactly have you been expressing your opinion's online for the past few years?
That's right, on a 'social media' site like Threetowner's.
Hi Michael,
Okay, I'll go along with that.
I'll amend my comment to 'not all innovation brings ONLY advantages'." And I will also concede that that included the railways. :(
JD.
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

Solar panels on individual roofs is laudable. It will not however solve the problem. Pussyfooting around the issue will never succeed. To produce adequate power to generate sufficient energy for the future we will have to rethink the case for nuclear stations, whether we like it or not. We must have a serious debate about the subject and not pretend that it has been solved simply by asserting that the Scottish National Party, now the Scottish Government had their objections clearly stated, in their manifesto. The subject is far too serious for any decision such as our energy requirements for decades, even generations to come, to be decided by an obviously hostile party, . I as an elector require and indeed demand a meaningful debate specifically Re nuclear power and , I respectfully submit that neither I , The SNP or indeed the electorate are infallible but I feel that we are entitled to make our views clear to the politicians of whatever hue , and that the clearly stated opinion of the Scottish people should be respected., and that such a debate and a referendum ( in my opinion it is this serious), be instigated ASAP.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Many of us aren't happy with that solar farm because it has been sited next to our town. You don't live here so what do you care? You were offensive with your personal attack (engage brain) . Regarding nuclear energy its a short term answer with unacceptable long term problems.
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

Siamese. This is precisely my point, no one wants these batteries of wind farms, solar panels and the like. You say that Nuclean power is for the short term, when it is exactly the opposite, and the long term problems ( in my opinion are grossly exaggerated ) , the storage facilities required for the most contaminated waste, i.e. The spent fuel produced by all of the UK nuclear facilities be contained in a properly sited and constructed area of minuscule proportions. Most of this high grade waste is recycled. Or so I'm told. Can you remember the massive pit bings that blighted the countryside nationally, which produced noxious fumes and rancid air for miles around, Not to mention that most of them continuously spontaneously combusted on a regular basis, yet there was a massive lobby to keep all the pits and mines working. Fortunately from an environmental aspect this argument was lost. The debate must be had and I reiterate that the subject is much too serious to be left to any vested group, politically or otherwise . I consider this subject to as important as brexit , if not more so. It the people decide . As for my humorously intended comment , I thought we had put the matter to bed.