Arran again

Upload your three towns photographs here - people or places.
Forum rules
Post photographs here, which depict places or people in or from the three towns. You are welcome to upload direct from your computer to this album.
BWalsh
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Arran again

Post by BWalsh »

Usually we see Arran with the cloud on top, a bit different yesterday.

michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Arran again

Post by michaelm »

Nice pic BWalsh.
I've seen Arran looking like that with the low mist/fog/ myself, but not on many occasions. :)
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

Saw this scene from Saltcoats by pass just after sharphill junction. The fog bank appeared much closer to Ardrossan shoreline and because of elevated position, looked like a view from a low flying aircraft. To say that it was stunning would be an understatement. I have been around the area since 1963, and have not seen the like. Unfortunately no camera in car. I would be surprised if another contributor to the forum had not captured a shot from this vantage point. . ????.
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

Am I the only person to have taken an interest in this phenomena ( sans camera ) c' mon surely sombdy must hiv taen a photie.???.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

I've never seen such a thing looking out to Arran in my twenty-two years while growing up in Ardrossan. But I've seen such a thing in San Francisco, looking to the Golden Gate bridge while on the ferry to an Alcatraz tour. Only the top five percent of the bridge was visible.
The morning fog may fill the air
Tony Bennett got it wrong that day - it was early afternoon and a very warm summer's day.
BWalsh
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by BWalsh »

"If you can see Arran, its going to rain, if you can't see it, it is raining." What does it mean when you can only see half of it?
Bitterly cold this morning but lovely views.

Also the fences seem to be working.

margb
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by margb »

BWalsh wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:22 am "If you can see Arran, its going to rain, if you can't see it, it is raining." What does it mean when you can only see half of it

Thought that saying was for Ailsa Craig only
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Bernard, you are a master of understatement. 'The fences SEEM to be working.'
I'll have to send that photo to the Dutch ministry in charge of our sea-defences.
They regularly spend millions of Euros, using huge equipment, to suck up sand from out at sea and spout it, via huge pipe-lines, onto the dunes to strengthen them.

JD.