Corsankell Farm Pic

Upload your three towns photographs here - people or places.
Forum rules
Post photographs here, which depict places or people in or from the three towns. You are welcome to upload direct from your computer to this album.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Corsankell Farm Pic

Post by michaelm »

John Donnelly wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:53 am It's a real shame that such a beautiful farm was pulled down and we cannot take a wander up there to check for ourselves.
And they call it progress. At the same time, I use the new road gratefully when I'm home for a visit.
I suppose that just make me a hypocrite. :cry:
JD.
I doubt if folk would think you're being a hypocrite there JD - just a realist.

See there's a bit of debate as to what farm is being depicted in the photo/painting, but personally speaking I've no idea and only see an attractive looking winter's view there.
As kid's growing up in the Hayocks area of Stevenston though, we were all very familiar with terms like the Diddup and Corsankell being used in relation to the surrounding countryside.

Obviously Corsankell Farm is no more, but I believe Diddup Farm was sold on in early May this year for around £450,000.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

The turn after T //funny //funny
Those wimin were in the nip.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

michaelm wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:42 pm
John Donnelly wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:53 am It's a real shame that such a beautiful farm was pulled down and we cannot take a wander up there to check for ourselves.
And they call it progress. At the same time, I use the new road gratefully when I'm home for a visit.
I suppose that just make me a hypocrite. :cry:
JD.
I doubt if folk would think you're being a hypocrite there JD - just a realist.

See there's a bit of debate as to what farm is being depicted in the photo/painting, but personally speaking I've no idea and only see an attractive looking winter's view there.
As kid's growing up in the Hayocks area of Stevenston though, we were all very familiar with terms like the Diddup and Corsankell being used in relation to the surrounding countryside.

Obviously Corsankell Farm is no more, but I believe Diddup Farm was sold on in early May this year for around £450,000.
Aye but why would you paint a pic of something never there. A bit odd. Folk on fb say the buildings were there, but I think they may be getting mixed up with the Kerelaw mansion.

In another twist, turns out there were beehives on the Diddup Glen road in the 60s. On the road running past golf course. Why and who kept them... Another mystery.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Vivc113 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:33 am
Aye but why would you paint a pic of something never there. A bit odd. Folk on fb say the buildings were there, but I think they may be getting mixed up with the Kerelaw mansion.
Yip, it's a bit of a mystery Viv and looks as if it'll remain so.

As I said previously, I've no real idea myself as to what farm those buildings are part of, and although I kind of had a wee inkling too that it might actually be a painting not a photo, there doesn't seem to be any sure answer to that one being put forward at the moment either.

Here's a photo though that I can definitely say is a 'photo' and also ID as well. It's of the main residential building at Diddup Farm.

5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

I bet that was a Mr Ferguson who lived in Wallace avenue.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Actually I think that house on the hill was in disrepair and was knocked down. Anyway the farms are in the valleys. The Didup in particular used to be really mucky.
Anne
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by Anne »

Billy, I tend to agree the Farmhouse in the photo doesn't look anything like I remember visiting on the early 60's

Anne
Anne
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by Anne »

Oh! big mistake. I was meaning the photo of the older building you mentioned in your submission 08/12.
Chico1968
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Chico1968 »

Here's a picture from my slide collection of Corsakell Farm,photographed in the 1980's.ImageDSC00137 by Charles Gordon, on Flickr