Abandoned Ardeer Power Station (video)

Upload your three towns photographs here - people or places.
Forum rules
Post photographs here, which depict places or people in or from the three towns. You are welcome to upload direct from your computer to this album.
Ross Sturgeon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Abandoned Ardeer Power Station (video)

Post by Ross Sturgeon »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zStCsnqTXYY

Just thought I would make this small video the other day. I have been meaning to share it on here, Let me also mention that this is a new account that I am using I used to be named under "Ross Sturgeon" the same without the spaces...
Thank you for viewing my post... :D
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Abandoned Ardeer Power Station (video)

Post by michaelm »

A very interesting and well put together wee video there RossSturgeon - and I see the dug was having a great time!
Hope to see more.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

RossSturgeon wrote: Let me also mention that this is a new account that I am using I used to be named under "Ross Sturgeon" the same without the spaces...
I can update your old account so you can get back on it. And I can move this post to your 81 other posts on that original account. PM me - there may be PMs sitting in that old account.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Loved the video.

The suspense type music at the start... Unsmiling face... And added dog... Brill!!!

Very informative as well.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Great video Ross but I have to say it's sad to see this previously great piece of engineering allowed simply to rot away. If I remember correctly it wasn't in production for all that long certainly not long enough to repay the building costs. Well done!
Ross Sturgeon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Ross Sturgeon »

I would like to say thank you too all the viewers of my small video, I will do some more the next time I am off and I am over that way! :D
Thank you for viewing my post... :D
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Good wee video Ross, it's been a good few years since I've had a prugh about down there :good:
Those wimin were in the nip.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Interesting & enjoyable video young fella. Brought it all flooding back. Worked in and around that area for a constuction company right back at the beginning of the eighties. The some total of us was a plumber, two labourers, a delivery driver & a site agent! We were in there for a couple of yrs doing all sorts, along side mccrindle who were there stripping the nylon plant.
I don't know if its possible for you to go further into the factory, re security, but I can tell you the place is vast, like a warren in places as well.
When I left school mid seventies, I went for a couple of interviews, at novels, one was for fitter (never got it, in fact most didn't get it) or into either cannister shop, spiral tube winding ir box factory. I ended up at the spiral & what shock that was to the system after leaving school. As I was on two shifts it was up at 5am in time to clock in at 6.15am, hard going for any 16yr old straight out of school. Great laugh we had in there though.
But when you turned 18 that when you got put into the explosive side of things. And you could have placed anywhere. I ended up at the potash for a few months, bit lonely that was as you worked alone and hardly seen a soul. Then I was put down in the siesmex/slurry & cordite areas.
By christ you to graft down there. Put up with I for a few yrs, but moved over to the nylon plant near the area you were filming.
But I wonder ross if you could go deeper into the place, without occurring any problems with security of course, because you will be surprised by what you will find.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Great post Cremola.

My old grandpa worked in the ICI until the 60s I believe. Long service with old Jock Young.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Madness takes control is it? It was a horrible place where a lot of people who worked there died.