The Trust FC dance December 1973

Upload your three towns photographs here - people or places.
Forum rules
Post photographs here, which depict places or people in or from the three towns. You are welcome to upload direct from your computer to this album.
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

The Trust FC dance December 1973

Post by down south »

Thr Trust, one of Stevenston's best-known pubs in those days, would appear to have had their own football club. And here are some of the patrons at a dance they held in December 1973.
Trust FC dance Dec 1973.jpg
Susan
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The Trust FC dance December 1973

Post by michaelm »

Think I recognise a few folk in this pic.

Standing Row:
Far left is Davy [Nookie] McEwan. Next left not 100% sure but looks like Les Evans? and the chap 3rd from the left wearing the check jacket could be Duncan Ferguson. Far right I believe is John Norwood.

Kneeling Row:
Fourth from the left is the late Tommy Bryce, and the guy at the other end who's 3rd from the right I'm fairly sure is one of the Teven brothers.
The lassie on the end there looks familiar too - an O'Pray? and the guy just behind her I think is Miffy McMillan.
Recognise a couple of other faces as well, but cannae quite put a name to them.

In regard to the Trust pub, when my own family lived in Portland Place in Stevenston - late 50's - it was called the 'Ayrshire Houses of Refreshment' .. though I'm sure that'll already have been covered in another topic somewhere else on the site.
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Thank you, Michael. Always nice when these pictures prove relevant to someone.

Susan
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Michael I can always remember it saying Ayrshire house of refreshment above the door.
Those wimin were in the nip.
chriso
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by chriso »

michaelm wrote:Think I recognise a few folk in this pic.

Standing Row:
Far left is Davy [Nookie] McEwan. Next left not 100% sure but looks like Les Evans? and the chap 3rd from the left wearing the check jacket could be Duncan Ferguson. Far right I believe is John Norwood.

Kneeling Row:
Fourth from the left is the late Tommy Bryce, and the guy at the other end who's 3rd from the right I'm fairly sure is one of the Teven brothers.
The lassie on the end there looks familiar too - an O'Pray? and the guy just behind her I think is Miffy McMillan.
Recognise a couple of other faces as well, but cannae quite put a name to them.

In regard to the Trust pub, when my own family lived in Portland Place in Stevenston - late 50's - it was called the 'Ayrshire Houses of Refreshment' .. though I'm sure that'll already have been covered in another topic somewhere else on the site.
4th left next to duncan ferguson is Johnny Smyth, I think. 5th in from right coud be Joe Morris nickname Felix.
Idiot - seeks village.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

I'm fairly sure is one of the Teven brothers
.Alex .....Don't think it's Jim but he would the same age as the rest in the picture
peterm1711
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by peterm1711 »

Michael is right with the names, and the girl is Maureen O'Pray.

Chris, you are correct also. Sadly, Johnny Smyth died 2 two weeks ago. Joe Morris was his brother in law. Johnny was married to Liz Morris.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I thought Norwood was blond? Believe he or his sis deceased.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Through the Martin side of my family I am related to the Norwoods who were blonde. Brother and sister are both dead. The brother was a gym teacher and he was killed in a car crash and his sister who was a teacher and lived up the Caley died a few years ago from a massive heart attack. The chap in the photo has a resemblance because of the curly hair but I wouldn't say its the Norwood we are thinking of.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Don't remember the sis, Helen? as blonde. so sad..
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

stivis wrote:
I'm fairly sure is one of the Teven brothers
Alex .....Don't think it's Jim but he would be the same age as the rest in the picture
Thought it might be Alex Teven but wasn't quite sure stivis, as the only one I knew/know fairly well is Billy.

In regard to the chap Norwood in the pic, as morag and 5siamese7 imply I think we might be referring to 2 or possibly even 3 separate Norwood families here, hence the slight confusion.
The only other Norwood family I knew of lived in Trelawney Terrace, Stevenston. Don't remember any brothers but there were at least 3 sisters - Helen, Linda and Muriel.
Helen (the eldest I think) and Muriel (youngest) had 'fairish' hair but I wouldn't say they were blondes. The middle sister, Linda, had darker hair as far as I recall.
I think Helen - a very warm and friendly girl, who was married - lived in the rec/darg rd area of Stevenston, and sadly, I believe she passed away a few years ago.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Yes it is Helen that I am related to who lived in Darg road and moved to the Caley where she sadly passed away.