Some local ministers, early 1970s

Upload your three towns photographs here - people or places.
Forum rules
Post photographs here, which depict places or people in or from the three towns. You are welcome to upload direct from your computer to this album.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Some local ministers, early 1970s

Post by Hughie »

Nice to see you making contact, Cameron. Welcome. :)
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

And a warm welcome from me too Cameron. I worked with your dad in his one foray into politics. A lovely man.

Meg
CamR
New Poster
New Poster

Post by CamR »

Hi meg,

He did not too bad in the election, as i recall, not too bad in the junior years of the SNP

I do remember he paid me and my brother 50p to deliver leaflets to every house in the Electric scheme!!.... That was fun!!!! lol

He was a good guy, even after all this time it's nice to know that people have good memories of him.

Thank you..

Cameron
WJD
New Poster
New Poster

Post by WJD »

Penny Tray wrote:Susan,

The gentleman - back rown second left - is, I think, a Mr. Gray. If I'm right he worked in Ardossan Post Office and may even have been the Postmaster. Possibly lived around Firth View Terrace.

Provost Joe McManus is, of course, - front row second left. He lived in Parkhouse Gardens.

And the gentleman - front row fourth from the left - is the Mr. John Blair, EU Church Secretary. He was a local painter and decorator and lived in Rowanside Terrace.

Gentleman back row - 2nd left is indeed Willie Gray (now deceased). He was the Postmaster at one point. The person extreme left in the back row is my father (or his double!!) - Bryce Dunlop. At that time he was the EU Church treasurer.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

down south wrote:Time to add a few more pictures of local clergy figures to this topic; and this time here are a couple from Stevenston....from very different parts of the religious spectrum.

This first one shows Canon Paterson, presiding over a sale of work held by St John's RC Church scout group in June 1969; it raised £ 250 for their funds. Maybe some of the helpers may also be familiar.
Canon Paterson at St John's cubs fete.jpg
Susan
Saw this thread with a new post and had a wee trawl through it and found this.
This was Canon Maxwell.
JD.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

John Donnelly wrote:
down south wrote:Time to add a few more pictures of local clergy figures to this topic; and this time here are a couple from Stevenston....from very different parts of the religious spectrum.

This first one shows Canon Paterson, presiding over a sale of work held by St John's RC Church scout group in June 1969; it raised £ 250 for their funds. Maybe some of the helpers may also be familiar.
Susan
This was Canon Maxwell.
JD.
Was wondering...canon Paterson?
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

morag wrote:
John Donnelly wrote:

Susan
This was Canon Maxwell.
JD.
Was wondering...canon Paterson?
Which reminds me, sadly and funnily, Cannon Maxwell giving me and my pal a lift, with his big lab? golden in the back with us, with a big willie and when the dog, in between us and the car veered from side to side we giggled silently, horrified but with that pre-teen silly going on. He was a lovely dog, and Canon Maxwell a good man. :)
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
exile
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by exile »

This was Canon Maxwell.

JD.[/quote]
Was wondering...canon Paterson?[/quote]
Which reminds me, sadly and funnily, Cannon Maxwell giving me and my pal a lift, with his big lab? golden in the back with us, with a big willie and when the dog, in between us and the car veered from side to side we giggled silently, horrified but with that pre-teen silly going on. He was a lovely dog, and Canon Maxwell a good man. :)[/quote]

The dog was called... Samson
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Apologies for the error folks, but it was down there in black and white in the A&S Herald; looks liked they got it badly wrong. I'll add a correction to the original post.

Susan