The GRANGE HOTEL.

Upload your three towns photographs here - people or places.
Forum rules
Post photographs here, which depict places or people in or from the three towns. You are welcome to upload direct from your computer to this album.
Scott McCallum
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: The GRANGE HOTEL.

Post by Scott McCallum »

Could the hall have been built that way to allow the horse-drawn railway line to pass underneath. Maps from the middle of the nineteenth century still show this line, from the end of the canal to the harbour, in existence. Until they replaced the footbridge at the end of Canal Street for electrification of the main railway line, a footplate for this old line could be seen under the bridge.

Scott McCallum
Lizcmatheson
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by Lizcmatheson »

Hi all,
My family used to own The Grange Hotel, would have been back in the 80's if I remember right. My Aunt and grandparents still ran it after we moved to Canada in 85. I will have to get digging and try and find a picture from then. Not sure what the quality will be like as I was small at the time I took it. I do remember it not being white and red on the outside though. The best memories I have was when I lived there. Swam everyday and played on the dunes.😊
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

Hi Richard ,

I am jimmy Morell from Saltcoats and have a brother tam tried to pm you but will not let me

Jiimym
Last edited by Hughie on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I've sent you a PM Jimmy. Admin.